This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your child... what?

This sighting comes from my mother. She was in the store yesterday when she sees a man with his child using a cart the store has that there's a plastic car looking thing that two kids can sit in and pretend to be driving attached to a normal looking grocery cart. The man was talking on the phone and his child proceeded to get out of the cart and climb up on the top of the car part to get something from the shelf. My mom sees this and is trying to tell the man to look out for his child, but the man was too busy on the phone to hear her. She says something again, but still no response. So finally she taps him on the shoulder, finally gets his attention and tells him what his child is doing, and he stops him climbing up the shelf just in time. Once the kid is back in the cart, he tells her that his son has climbed up greater heights before.

Boy what great parenting being displayed here...

oh...man. The sad part is that I can totally see this being me and my monkey of a son in the near(ish) future. He LOVES to climb on EVERYTHING (he's a bit past 1yo) and quick too. You turn your back for a minute to do something and BOOM! He's almost falling off the couch. But I'm also super anal with my son and have to look at him every other minute so hopefully I won't come off as bad as this guy!
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Honestly, that kid coulda been me. I still have a staple in my head from one of my climbing incidents....and it's one I don't even rememebr.
      *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

but you know as soon as junior cracks his head open daddy's going to be calling lawsuit for making the fake car so "unsafe"

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          but you know as soon as junior cracks his head open daddy's going to be calling lawsuit for making the fake car so "unsafe"
          Because, of course, the fake car has been modeled after real cars, which are also TOTALLY safe to climb on... So you can see where the dad got confused.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Khan's a climber too. I can totally see him doing that. Good thing I actually keep an eye on what he's doing, unlike that guy.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              Won't have a leg to stand on; there's a warning sign on the cart clearly stating that you shouldn't let your child climb on the roof. With pictures even, just in case Dad's illiterate. One would have thought that this was about as necessary as the warning on the Batman cape that it doesn't really enable you to fly (well, duh. Batman can't fly either.) but it would seem from your tale that somebody really did need to read it.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                Won't have a leg to stand on; there's a warning sign on the cart clearly stating that you shouldn't let your child climb on the roof. With pictures even, just in case Dad's illiterate. One would have thought that this was about as necessary as the warning on the Batman cape that it doesn't really enable you to fly (well, duh. Batman can't fly either.) but it would seem from your tale that somebody really did need to read it.
                but Shalom we all know SCs do not read OR comprehend or pay attention to signs unless the word FREE is printed in this size type
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

My daughter was like that, she's 17 now but when she was not even 1 she climbed to the top bunk of a bunk bed in her room And promptly fell to the floor. We had to separate the beds that day.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post

Do you REALLY think that would stop him from suing and hoping for a settlement?

Comment

Working...
                    X