This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-sighting: pwnd by the SCO

Went to the grocery store after work--late. It was still slightly busy, but when I went to the self-checkout, there was no one behind me. I decided to unload my many loose coins, which I never do, but hey, I was alone. I was on the phone with my mom, emptying my wallet with one hand and saying to her, "I'm putting in all these dimes and nickels 'cause I'm awesome" when someone put down one item behind me. I continued on, however, because, well, it wasn't taking that long. I heard him say something about breaking a dollar and walk away. So I put in my $10 bill, and you guessed it, the machine gave me my change in dimes. I
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

All that work just to end up getting dimes back in change. That couldn't have been fun at all.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

that meant the person or people in charge had not refilled the change dispensing part of the machine....bummer.
      Has done this. its mostly taking the receptacle that takes the change people put in and putting it in the automatic change dispenser.

the same thing the new registers have

I remember when these were new for when I worked in the store. SCO uses them as well.

Comment

I had one give me 80 cents in pennies. I would have though they would be programmed to have cut off on the amount of substitute change it will give back.

Comment

S'why when I'm getting rid of my change in one of the SCO's I always make sure I come to a round figure.

Comment

yeah we had a vending machine like that on my first ship.
            sometimes it was low on some coins so it would say "exact change only" ... unless you say filled it with dimes and nickels. then it would give you those same coins back as change for the next purchase etc.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              All that work just to end up getting dimes back in change. That couldn't have been fun at all.
              It was hilarious, actually. Well, not for the guy behind me.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X