X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Filled Room

I hate people I really do.

Right now I'm in a hotel room alone. It's suppose to have people in it, so is the room next door. The people are a few miles away. We were all suppose to be having a small get together for a friend's birthday because no one really has the room for anything more than 3 people.

I put the two rooms on my card, both no smoking because that's all that was available. Within seconds of telling people this someone lights up a joint and another two light up cigarettes. From their it went even further down hill.

After the part gets out of hand and I tell them they need to quiet down, they all go into the other room and start jumping on the beds. So much for the quiet get together of people who all moved away and haven't seen each other in ages.

I was pretty pissed and told them they need to shut the fuck up. Evidently, I wasn't the only one because while one of my friends was going on about how I'm not being fair and how I'm the one causing the problems, they get a knock on their door from the front desk.

Simply put, they were told to shut the fuck up or both rooms were going to get kicked out. They took a third option and just left leaving me here with out a ride to work in the morning which isn't too big of a problem because my work is with in walking distance.

Now I'm stuck with two rooms, one unused, and the bill. Oh and the charges for smoking in a non smoking room.

I'm officially through with these so called friends. They can find someone else to mooch off of and blame when things go wrong. I'm tired of their suckiness and lack of responsibility. We're not teenagers any more; they have no excuse for their behavior and lack of respect.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Make sure you tell them why your through being friends with them.

Comment

I'm writing the letter right now. I don't quiet feel like doing it face to face. They're not worth the time of going to their houses on my day off. My time off work is precious, they are not.

Comment

That is just terrible. Frankly you are better off with such so called 'friends'. I think I personally have learned my lesson. Even if I don't smoke, since only with fresh smoke in tight areas does it bother me..I am getting smoking rooms regardless. Unless somebody I am with is allergic. Those fees are way too high.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          That is just terrible. Frankly you are better off with such so called 'friends'. I think I personally have learned my lesson. Even if I don't smoke, since only with fresh smoke in tight areas does it bother me..I am getting smoking rooms regardless. Unless somebody I am with is allergic. Those fees are way too high.
          You should check prices, I noticed the last few times I have made room reservations online that the smoking rooms were $10-$20 cheaper than the non smoking rooms and I don't mind the smell of smoke!

Sometimes you can get the 'upgrade' version of a basic room for less than the nonsmoking cost because it is a smoking room =)
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Why can't some people grow up?

Comment

Wow. That really sucks. Those idiots aren't friends. Friends would have:

1. Offered to help pay for the original room
              2. Complied with your requests to keep the noise down
              3. Complied with requests not to smoke in the room
              4. Offered to help you out with the extra charges for smoking in a non-smoking room.
              5. Apologized for giving you such grief.

You are well shut of them. Better to find out what their character is like now, rather than when you REALLY need a friend's help in a crisis. These people are "fair weather friends."

They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

indeed. friends don't treat you like shit. they support you.

like you said... high school.

sounds like some of my former friends on my first ship. their main interest: having their "fun" no matter what it costs anyone else, and ... if they have to pick between doing the right thing and having fun they'll pick the fun. and then blame you or paint you to be the bad guy if you make them choose.

so with that in mind, i kinda doubt the letter will do much. except make them whine like little girls about how someone else is trying to ruin their fun. but fuck them. let them pay for their own hotel rooms and face the music. maybe when they have to pay their own fines they'll figure it out... or they'll just go on blaming everyone else like they've done so far.

anyway you deserve friends who treat you better.
                not moochers who can't grow beyond suckin off someone else's tit.

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
                  Within seconds of telling people this someone lights up a joint and another two light up cigarettes.
                  I would've stopped it right there. "Put that out or get the fuck out. The room's in my name and I won't have it." If they didn't, I'd call hotel security and break up the party posthaste.

Of course, if it were me I would've made people pitch in for the room ahead of time (no money, no go), and gotten a smoking room for friends that smoke.

Comment

yeah, they're not friends. just using you

Comment

Accountingdrone..meant the fees for people like my cousin who smokes smoking in a non-smoking room . I am SOO glad I had booked a smoking room for Dragon Con, cause I had to end up having him tag along. That could have been expensive.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Wow, that seriously sucks.

The majority of my active friends (those I see regularly) are actually almost all HS friends still, however the ones like that group have mysteriously disappeared from this group.

I mean, I admit we were all like that to some degree in HS, but even by he end most of us had mellowed out a good bit, and mostly started not bothering with the ones who had not.

Still, it always sucks when something like this happens.

Comment

Some people grow up faster than others.

I got on Facebook a while back to keep up with my old HS boyfriend. A lot of our friends ended up finding me and I friended all of them even though all I do on Facebook is lurk. A couple of them got into a pissing contest with each other last week, and now half a dozen of them are sniping back at each other and defriending each other, and I'm watching it and saying to myself, "THIS is why I haven't been back to *hometown* other than to visit Mom and Dad in nearly 30 years."
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Jumping up and down on the beds? Juvenile.
                            Getting your friend in trouble (and added costs) for smoking in a non-smoking room? Irresponsible.
                            Not ponying up to your share of the bill? Almost criminal.

From my own experiences like this, I'd say that if these are "friends" then you are better off a "loner." Don't feel bad about dropping them - they already dropped (and used) you, after all.
                            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

I still have hope for one of them. She's suppose to pay me for half of the room and all (or so she said) of the fee. This one has never let me down and this entire thing was her ideal. If she doesn't pay willingly I have no problem with taking her to small claims court. There was a verbal contract. She came to me because I'm the only one who has a credit card with a limit over $500 that wasn't completely used up. I agreed because I wanted my friends and I to have a good time. Silly me...

Comment

Working...
                              X