This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Eye of Thundara grant me sight beyond sight!"

....yep... I see it now.... the lady was seriously crazy.....
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Comment

Quoth chrislb View Post
      When I was a kid I wanted to be a member of Cobra. Does that make me a terrorist?
      Um my husband was cobra commander for halloween....I was the evil decepticon clone of lady J* from the GI joe/transformers comic series......

*no idea if that ever occurred but my Lady J costume showed off my decepticon logo tattoo so it made a good backstory......plus I preferred to yell "COOOOOBRAAAAAA!" rather than "go joe"
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Cheetarah was okay, especially with that wicked staff fighting she could do. But she was really the only female on the show and even when I was little I realized that the numbers didn't bode well for the survival of the Thundaran people.

Now GI Jo had lots of awesome females, but the Baroness with the black suit and high heel was a strong tie with Lady Jaye, but only because LJ had a boyfriend.

And who wouldn't love Cover Girl, a high fashion model who got bored with modeling so decided to become a crack military operative?

But RC from the Transformers was my favorite of all.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
          Black Panthers.

Thundercats

Yeah, and they also sell Eveready batteries:

See? See? They totally support the Black Panthers, and terrorism!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
            Cheetarah was okay, especially with that wicked staff fighting she could do. But she was really the only female on the show and even when I was little I realized that the numbers didn't bode well for the survival of the Thundaran people.
            Not entirely. WilyKit was a girl too, so that's double the chances for survival, right there!

Plus the later seasons added at least one more, a puma. (Didn't see that far, since it changed to a channel my parents didn't get.)
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              Not entirely. WilyKit was a girl too, so that's double the chances for survival, right there!

Plus the later seasons added at least one more, a puma. (Didn't see that far, since it changed to a channel my parents didn't get.)

Also, cats can have many litters......
              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

At least according to one old lady I heard laying into some poor associate. I also learned that the proof of this is the fact that Wally World sells t-shirts with the Thundercats logo on them.

She was demanding that the associate remove the rack of t-shirts immediately. When the associate refused, cue the usual rant about not shopping there ever again, sending a letter to corporate, they should be ashamed of themselves, yadda yadda yadda. This woman was cookoo for coco puffs and with a side of conspiracy nutjob.
                Wouldn't surprise me if corporate caved if she complained. Back in the 80's or 90's Wally World decided to drop a line of pre-teen girl's shirts that read "A woman's place is in the House - and the Senate". Said they didn't promote the "family values" the store stood for.

Sorry if I'm getting into fratching territory, will say no more.

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

And who wouldn't love Cover Girl, a high fashion model who got bored with modeling so decided to become a crack military operative?
                  That reminds me of the movie D.E.B.S.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Dang wonder what she'd think of Bravestar. http://www.hulu.com/bravestarr for those that don't recognize the name . Man..I watched way too much tv as a kid.

For those who can't access Hulu... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BraveStarr
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X