This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've all been there before.

Before I get into the sighting : New people, just learning..its something that rational people understand. If it's the first time you've done something, you can't expect to be as fast or efficient as some would like. It is the nature of things. I also probably was an SC..I just hope I didn't get the girl in trouble.

I went shopping..I know..with my history..that is a mistake..but dang it I wanted some milk. Got to the check out with my milky goodness (and a few other necessities) I don't impulse buy..they were on my list. Anyhow..

Three lanes open. Very few customers. Yay! So I got in line, was in no hurry. Both of the other lanes were getting empty, this one was moving a bit slow. Ah..a trainee (trainer was there standing with her), nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately the person in front of me seemed to disagree.

M - Me
    T - Trainee
    SC - Guess?
    PT - Person Training.

SC - "What is TAKING so long?!"
    PT - "She is just learning."
    SC - "I don't have time for her to learn! She needs to hurry up!'
    M - "Cut the girl some slack. We've all been new at one time or another."
    SC - Looks at the person training. "She can learn some other time, scan me through!"
    M - "The other lanes are open, no wait."
    SC - "I shouldn't have to move because she is an idiot."
    I admit..I growled a little here.
    M - "No, your the idiot. She's new. In a week she will be zipping though things, but you will still be an idiot."
    The girl was near tears, apologizing, scanning as fast as she could.
    SC - "Butt out, it's not any of your business."
    M - "I got nothing better to do, I got all day."
    SC - "I don't! They should train people at different times then this!"
    M - "Perfect time to train is when it's busy." (grinning)
    Finally his order is through. SC - "About time" practically throws money at the girl.
    He leaves, the girl is practically shaking.
    M - "Don't worry about him. Take a moment and gather yourself, I am in no hurry. You're doing a great job."
    Transaction goes a lot smoother, and the three of us joke about sc's. At least the girl was no longer near tears when I left. People like the SC make me almost take it to fratching.

I really don't like when people abuse new people. I've been there, and it only makes things worse..
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

It's like when drivers shout abuse at learner drivers because they're going slow. People forget that they also had to be taught these things.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      It's like when drivers shout abuse at learner drivers because they're going slow. People forget that they also had to be taught these things.
      Exactly. It doesn't matter if it is being a cashier, or what..we all had to learn at one time or another. I'm sure even Carl Lewis (one time fastest man alive, not sure who is now) stumbled a bit when he was learning to walk.
      Last edited by Mytical; 01-10-2011, 09:48 AM.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

SC - "Butt out, it's not any of your business."
        people like that also seem to forget that ... the employee might not have the ability to fight back but... other customers sure as hell DO.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          I also probably was an SC..I just hope I didn't get the girl in trouble.
          I doubt you got her into trouble. You were very kind, and it sounded as if the trainer was on the ball as well.

The SC was a total nutjob.
          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
          - Dave Barry

Comment

Good for you Mytical! SC's behave the way they do because they don't realize what total jackasses they are. When everyone else condones their behavior by not speaking up, it just gets reinforced.

Stand up behavior like yours cuts that entitlement rug out from under them.

They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              I also probably was an SC..I just hope I didn't get the girl in trouble.
              Wait... what? Where were you an SC?
              Quoth Mytical View Post
              SC - "What is TAKING so long?!"
              This sounds like the mating call of the SC, hunting for somebody else to moan with them.
              Quoth Mytical View Post
              "She can learn some other time, scan me through!"
              "...yes, she can, and you can **** off RIGHT NOW".
              Quoth Mytical View Post
              SC - "I shouldn't have to move because she is an idiot."
              I admit..I growled a little here.
              GROWLED? This is a really nice answer. No, really, the nicest she could get.
              Quoth Mytical View Post
              M - "Don't worry about him. Take a moment and gather yourself, I am in no hurry. You're doing a great job."
              Kudos to you.
              Quoth Mytical View Post
              I'm sure even Carl Lewis (one time fastest man alive, not sure who is now) stumbled a bit when he was learning to walk.
              I like this quotation. A lot. I will probably steal it sometime.
              (by the way, now it is Usain Bolt fron Jamaica)
              FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

And isn't Bolt the perfect name for the fastest man?

Comment

Mytical, we need to get you a cape so you can be official in your SC-fighting activities.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Thanks Food Lady, but since I hate shopping .. probably not the best choice. Lupo would make a much better choice.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Thanks Food Lady, but since I hate shopping .. probably not the best choice. Lupo would make a much better choice.
                      You could always be her sidekick.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

"mind your own business" is the tired mantra of assholes everywhere, who want to be assholes in public and not get called on it.

If you hear it, see it, smell it, or step in it, it's your business. If that's a problem for someone, they can do whatever it is that's "not anyone's business" where it will not BECOME anyone's business.

Comment

What a When you bitch about a trainee while in line, in public... It's EVERYBODY'S business. I hope that SC got a flat tire later in the day for being in SOOOOO much of a hurry that they were insulting some poor cashier.
                          Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
                          X