Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, cuz that's what comes to mind...

...when you walk into an eyeglass place.

This guy stumbles in this afternoon (drunk or high?) and comes up to my counter.

DG= Drunk guy
    Me=

Me= Hi, welcome to ****, how may I help you?
    DG= Yeah, I need this appraised. (and proceeds to toss a ring on my counter)
    Me= (making sure I heard right) Excuse me?
    DG= Yeah, I said I want this appraised.

Now keep in my that this store is wall to wall eyeglasses.

Me= Does this look like a jewelry store to you?
    DG= Oh.....well, where's there a jewelry store?
    Me= I don't know. Keep walking up and down the block 'till you find one.

DG then stumbles back out. My coworkers were all on the floor cracking up. I mean seriously, WTF! It's Labor Day, I'm working, and I was just not having it today.
    If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

lol.....unfortunately we literally have eyeglass frames wall to wall. They're set on tower displays, 24 to a tower, two vertical towers, all over the store.

I remember when I was at one of our other locations that had the same setup, this lady walked in took a look around at all the eyeglass frames on the walls and then asks me "Do you sell eyeglasses here?". Since I was just starting out with the company back then I didn't dare get smart, but the response in my mind was "No lady. This is actually a museum for eyeglass frames".

Oh, and I would love to see that pic of the confused optical...
    If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
      I just like trying to see how far I can try to see things from the other person's side whilst staying relatively sane.
      Careful you don't think too far into the other person's head... you might never come back... on the other hand, Insanity IS the hot place to be this time of year...
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
      X