Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How may times do you answer the same question?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pixilated View Post
    It might depend on what your company will permit. Some companies demand you keep answering until the customer walks away. I think personally after the fourth attempt I'd close the conversation and go find something to do and literally ignore any further attempts by the customer to get the answer she wants rather than the one that corresponds with reality, but that's not always possible.
    That could be a problem. My roommate seems to have high-functioning Asperger's; he'll ask the exact same question seven or eight times, each time wording it slightly differently in his quest to get the answer he wants, until someone cuts him off with "absolute" language: "The answer is still no and isn't going to change." At which point he pouts.

Comment

Quoth excuse me?? View Post
      How may times do you answer the same question?

In our warehouse store, I was the 3rd clerk to handle this customer... She refused to accept that we were out of stock, even though we clearly pointed it was not in top-stock or below. She refused to accept what she was seeing herself, and kept asking the same question if we had it in stock (The three of us probably answered her same question about 15 times). She wasn't rude, maybe had dementia or other psychological issues, but still, there has to be a limit to this sort of nonsense and all the time it took.
      People ask me the same question all the time but worded differently thinking they will trip me up so they can get a cheaper rate or something (I work in hotels). Once it hits the third time, I usually say "I'm sorry, I've already answered this question. Is there is anything else I can help you with?". That generally shuts them up.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        I had this about a week ago. A woman was placing an ad for apt rental. She kept wanting to say something about renting to medical students. I kept repeating that we cannot refer, in any way at all, to potential tenants. She kept repeating "students", "medical students," "for students," until finally I said, "Look, how many ways can I tell you this? We CANNOT say that in an ad."

She finally got it.
        Two points:

1) If stupid lady thinks that medical students are any cleaner than other students, she'll need to think again.

2) Does your paper allow ads that say "suited/suitable for.../would suit..."?
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
        X