Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in both cases (he got robbed at a different location about 2 week prior) he had less than $20 on him as is per our security and safety protocols/procdures (most major and minor delivery companies have similiar prodcecures).

Someone was looking for a quick buck and unfortuneately got mad when the cash did not appear.

Yes my town has become a little bit not so safe anymore.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Damn. I hope he recovers quick.

While I don't live in a rough area (and an incident like this happening here would be on the regional news for days), I do try to take precautions. I usually pay with debit or credit, so no cash changes hands. And I try to leave my deck light on and watch until the delivery person has left. Mostly it's for safety especially in the winter when there could be icy spots, but I do that with all my guests to make sure they're to their vehicles safely. (Then again, it's just a trip down a flight of stairs and out into the parking lot, so I can keep an eye on them easily)

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        Preliminary condition: skull fracture, dental damage, possible concussion, the orbital (area around the eye) bone cracked and a broken nose. He will have to have some reconstructive surgery for the nose and orbital injuries and dental work done. At least it will all be paid (along with lost wages) for by Workmen's Comp.

My best estimate is that he is going to be out for at least a month or maybe 6 weeks.
        How horrible! I'm glad he's getting Workman's Comp, but still, he's going to be hurting for a very long time. Probably traumatized and in need of counseling, as well.

My husband delivers pizza part time, and I do worry about it sometimes. Our town's pretty laid-back, but every town has a bad part and it's share of nogoodniks. What happened to your driver can happen to any driver, anywhere.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That poor guy! At least he will not have to worry about lost wages. Though...that is small comfort.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
          X