This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, the things I may miss ...

Nice Head Cashier sidled up to me today and murmured, "Too bad you're leaving. Things might be getting really interesting here."

Me: *is all ears*

NHC: "Did you see the [ethnic] woman upstairs in the training room?" (Ethnicity was used only to help identify her.)

I had vaguely noticed somebody sitting at a single table, with a laptop in front of her, and vaguely wondered what she was doing, and then pretty much forgotten all about it.

Well.

[New Woman] has apparently been brought in to our store from elsewhere.

Nobody knows why.

NW does not get along, AT ALL, with Alien Queen.

NW is an Operations Manager ... which means, of course, she is above Alien Queen in the store hierarchy.

Alien Queen is reportedly "shitting bricks" over this.

Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I suggest some "fly on the wall" cams and the like...or even just stay in touch with someone so you can watch the fireworks secondhand....

(I do not actually suggest putting recording equipment around)

Comment

Quoth Sulhythal View Post
      so you can watch the fireworks secondhand....
      And we can watch them third-hand . . .

Comment

Don't I wish! I belong to a work lottery group, and expect to remain part of it even though I'm leaving, so I'll hear about any fireworks fairly quickly. Shame I won't be there to see them, though ...
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Can't wait . . .

Comment

ALIEN QUEEN WAS ON A REGISTER TODAY, RINGING UP CUSTOMERS ...

Coworker says she does that occasionally but I have NEVER seen her do that before.

Xena Warrior Princess had a lengthy closed-door meeting with Store Manager.
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Is Xena the laptop lady from post #1 in this thread?
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

She asked AQ how long SHE spends on the TPS Reports...
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

And if she used the new cover sheets. We should give her another copy of the memo.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                    Is Xena the laptop lady from post #1 in this thread?
                    Yes, she is the newcomer who is reputed by some to be from Operations and is reputedly higher than anybody else in the store.
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Sounds like the higher Brass decided that certain money-losing acts-o'-stupidity needed to cease. After all, they're already spending vast fortunes on ancient software and hemorrhaging product at a ruinous rate. They can't afford the fancy vacations AND the employee stupids.

Comment

Any juicy updates?
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Not a one! The last person I spoke to (online) said [New Woman] is no longer at the store, her name is down from the list of managers near the front registers, and ... nothing noticeable has changed.

Okay, well, maybe that's not entirely true ... Alien Queen is reportedly actually behaving decently. So there's that.

But they are still not hiring, despite the fact people are still quitting, and they are still begging for people in other positions to "get some extra hours!" by training as a cashier.
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I'm hearing that at least half a dozen more people either have quit or are quitting.

One staffer says she was told that she couldn't have time off to go for a job interview and if she took time off she would be written up. Can't verify it but given that it was Alien Queen she was talking to, I wouldn't be surprised. Anyway, she went to her job interview and just ... never went back.
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                            X