Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical week for me is about 60 hours, When I get slammed its not unusual to start about 4 in the morning and work until 6 at the shop and then bring more work home and work there until about midnight so while I might not have Aces record beat (god that makes me cry just thinking about that) it can still kick my butt.
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

At the home improvements store where I worked, they had two typed of full-time -- 40-hour and 48-hour. It was up to you which one you wanted, and I took the 48-hour, because I needed the money, not that it was enough either way.

It meant that you'd work 3 regular 8-hour days, and 2 12-hour days. The longer days really weren't all that bad. You'd get a second meal break, and the time usually passed pretty quickly. The worst part was coming in in the morning, and then going to leave and knowing that the whole day was pretty much shot.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

My store is very strict on overtime, so I've never really had it. However, when I was first hired I was putting in 50+ hours a week. (I was hired as a pt worker too). This was during christmas time, so that's probably why. My hours were cut back significantly after Christmas, down to about 20 hours a week. During Christmas, they didn't seem to mind people working overtime because they had a hard time getting people to work. Now, they watch everything and if you are in danger of going over 40 hours, they send you home early, no way out of it.

Comment

Sometimes I get scheduled for overtime which is more than 35 hours for part timers where I work. Sometimes I end up getting overtime because I wasn't able to clock out on time.
          My Fanfic Page
          My Fiction Page
          My Social Group
          My Pet Social Group
          My You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
          X