Clear All

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
    Now that would be cool.....heh
    I've never seen her...or maybe I have ...I don't know what she looks like
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• The President of Ireland once. Several TV presenters, some of the household name famous type, most of the z-list stuck-up type.

Comment

• Oh boy... I know I'm going to forget some.

Work related(I worked guest relations at anime conventions, so I have quite a few):
        Vic Mignona
        Chris Ayres
        Greg Ayres
        Mike McFarland
        Monica Rial
        Scott McNeil
        Kyle Hebert
        The guys who played Marcus and the Doctor on Babylon 5(I can't remember their names)
        And several others who's names escape me. Mostly of anime fame.

Out of a work environment
        Troy Aikman(He was sweet to me, kept trying to put my nervous self at ease.)
        Dion Sanders(Stuck up and full of himself)
        Emmit Smith(Good sense of humor, sweet.)
        Some hokey players from the Dallas Stars team
        The Toadies
        They Might Be Giants
        Rancid(The lead singer was hitting on me and trying to talk me into going to the hotel with them.)
        Anything Box
        And the guy who plays Mike Meyers in Halloween.(I forget his name, but I have a personalized autograph from him.)

I know there is more, but I'm drawing a blank.
        Last edited by Akasa; 09-17-2009, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• I have Waited on Travis Tritt. He lived not far from a Ruby Tuesday's I worked at. Decent tipper. I hostessed at D&B and met a few people. Chopper Jones would come in and we would have to keep people from bothering him. The coolest was after the 96 Olympics, NBC rented all of D&B for the post closing Ceremonies party. Eveyone was there. all the medalists and Execs from NBC. I will say this. Bob Costas is really Short!

Comment

• Just one of the ex-senators from my area. I helped him buy a Deck Box and haul it into his car. I acutally only found out he was influential in the area after I'd helped him. Some old guy pulled me over and said "Do you know who that was?! That was <so and so>! He helped shape the state our area is in today!"

I once shook hands with Bill Clinton before he was President though, back in 1991 or something / somewhen. He had the goofiest expression on his face. Then again, I was six. Sue me.
            SC: "Are you new or something?"
            Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

• I haven't really had anyone famous famous come through the store while I was working, but I did help the locally known, and really good, Elvis impersonator with teddy bears one day -- he works at one of the stage shows in town. Really nice guy, was more then a bit miffed when a couple of old ladies started to fawn all over him.

Outside of work, I've had my picture taken with the local weatherman at the yearly tree lighting, my aunt LOVES him. Also a nice guy.
              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• Hmm, not in my current job but in a couple before.

Lance Bass - I worked coaster photos @ an amusement park and EVERY little teeny bopper wanted one of his pictures.
                Usher - total jerk, closed the park for him and he got everything for free
                At one point or another I've met all of the Denver Broncos, Mike Shannahan, Wade Phillips, Terrell Davis, Carmelo Anthony, Patrick Roy and . . . ok, I'm forgetting names but we're a big sports town. Met a lot of the local newscasters. Was on a first name basis with a couple of the local talk radio guys in high school.

Holy cow, I forgot about Stephen Lynch!! I had a comedy radio show in college and he was hitting on my roommate.
                Last edited by SuperRTL; 12-31-2009, 07:44 AM.
                "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

• Only guy we've had at work was Ed Begley Jr. He came down to get towels or something, and I thought "Hmmm....that guy looks a lot like Ed Begley Jr." Then after he left, I checked the registry, and as it turned out, it was Ed Begley Jr.! Doh!

Outside of work, I see quite a bit of Ryan Stiles, but that's 'cause he lives in town. He's actually a pretty quiet guy who likes to be left alone. I finally got to see him perform live recently at a benefit for a local middle school, though. OMG that man is so funny!
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

• Not actually on the job, but on the bus going home from work I saw Gary Sinise being interviewed outside the Carnagie Institute.

While walking to the bus stop I nearly ran into Glenn Close.

Just the other day I saw Kal Penn on his way to the White House. It was freezing and the poor guy looked like he couldn't wait to get inside.
                    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

• Bobby Flay and his two lovely assistants stayed at my hotel while he was doing a ThrowDown episode this past fall.

Not a big celebrity, but the NM Governor stayed here too.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                        Bobby Flay and his two lovely assistants stayed at my hotel while he was doing a ThrowDown episode this past fall.
                        How were they?
                        I love him, and I've always heard mixed things about his off-set behavior.

I recently booked travel for Val Kilmer and Catherine Keener. Didn't speak to them directly, of course - but Kilmer was surprisingly low key about his seating preferences and security.

Minor celeb, but about a year ago I booked and spoke directly to a young up-and-coming actress named Jurnee Smollett. She had a guest role on Greys Anatomy last year, and is currenly on Friday Night Lights. She was a total sweetheart to deal with.

These are recent ones. I've probably filed some away in my tiny brain from the past. More to come later if I remember.
                        Last edited by Ree; 01-04-2010, 01:46 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

• no one famous for me

in my new store i rang up a local news channel reporter and her husband but thats it. and she didnt seems very nice, but i dont like her much on tv either

one of my coworkers went to school with john o'hurley so i still think thats kinda cool. even though it doesnt count..

Comment

Working...
                          X