This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job!

As some of you know, I lost my job in March.

Tonight, I got a call and start my new job Monday, as a tech support/repair/customer service person at a local retailer. (I'll have to think of a name for them).

So, given the nature of the job, I estimate it'll take me until, oh, about Wednesday, before I have enough stories to make a decent post for the site.

This should be fun . . . .

Yay....

So is this a chain of retailers or is this a full mom and pop type operation or is this a chain that only exists in the land of the great big third? (Aka WA)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      Yay....

So is this a chain of retailers or is this a full mom and pop type operation or is this a chain that only exists in the land of the great big third? (Aka WA)
      It's almost like you're calling that side of our great country "third world".

Never mind that I'm stuck in the "wedge".

Btw, congrats on the new job Dakhur! I'm sure you're going to enjoy it more than your last few months as manager at the old place.
      Last edited by aulocksmith; 08-16-2013, 10:47 PM.
      Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

Quoth aulocksmith View Post
        It's almost like you're calling that side of our great country "third world".

Never mind that I'm stuck in the "wedge".

Btw, congrats on the new job Dakhur! I'm sure you're going to enjoy it more than your last few months as manager at the old place.
        Hey, I have the wang and the breast thank you very much!

At least I don't have the great long and hard erm......
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

At least I don't have the great long and hard erm......
          ...that's stuck up where it's hot & wet?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yay....

It's a chain. I'll call them "White Rabbit", to preserve some anonymity.

Similar story to last time -- new franchise manager has taken over the stores locally, and the position has been filled in the past either by techs who were obsessed with being right and the customer wrong, or with teenagers who were there for the social stuff. Neither work habit is ideal in this arena.

He reckons it'll take me a month to get it working as it should. I told him I enjoy a challenge and asked would he care to place a bet on how long?

He laughed. It must have been the right thing to say, because I got the job.

And WA isn't the 3rd world! It's an entirely separate universe, I can assure you......

Comment

Quoth dakhur View Post
              And WA isn't the 3rd world! It's an entirely separate universe, I can assure you......
              That's true. I felt like I was in another spacetime when I was in Perth last year.
              Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

Congratulations on the new job!!!

I just started my new job at a restaurant. Been out of the workforce for 2 years before that!

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                X