This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisyphus, you have my sympathy

Oh, it is going to be a long couple of weeks.
    Last week we did our 90 day purge. The finance office store room can hold 120 days worth of records, we only need 30 days worth, so every 90 days we clear out 90 days worth and move it to the much larger marketing store room (much larger because it is their abandoned office from when we had a full marketing team rather than three people, a full time person who handled mailings, a full time person who handles local media, and a part time person who handles database maintenance for the other two). Well, guess what happened yesterday? Oh, yeah, the floor in the store room buckled, so now we have to move out not just the 90 days, but probably at least half of what is in there (3 years worth) to somewhere else... we still don't know where, but we know that no matter what it will involve taking it up a ramp with a 5 foot rise and 6 steps (there is a wheelchair elevator, but seeing as none of us require it, none of us have the key to it ) to get it up to where the elevator is (I am assuming this time we will move it somewhere ground level... perhaps off site).
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I'd tell them to bugger off, no good reason why you should hand move all that stuff. They can get sack trucks that go up and down stairs for a start...
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
    X