X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get to be evil...

And I love it!

A bit of background: I work for a storage company. All of our properties are gated with limited access (a set time period every day, rather than 24-hour). Now, our gates open up 3.5 hours before the office does, and close 3-4 hours after the office does (office closes an hour earlier on weekends). We also have a gate system, so we can tell when you come in and when you leave.

Most of our drive-up units have 8 foot wide doors, but some have 4 foot wide doors. One section with both is a pain to get to, as you drive into the gate, and immediately do a u-turn around a group of bollards into a dead-end section two cars wide between the fence and a building. In this section, the small doors are first, with the larger ones at the end. /background

We have a gentleman (term used loosely) who is renting the first unit in that section. Very frequently, not every day but almost, we will come into the office, and see this dude's car in front of his unit. And the next 3-4 units in the row.

We have had customers renting units 2-6 call us and complain that they couldn't get to their unit, and they were very upset about it. So, bossman tells us that if we see dude's truck, but don't see dude, we get to call and tell him to move his truck.

I got permission this morning to leave the final warning: if you leave your truck here again, it will be towed with no warning, and at your expense. Well, about 15 minutes after my lovely ultimatum was left, I see dude at his truck! Well, not being completely soulless (I only dye my hair red, and my brunette roots are showing) I inform dude that he can't leave his truck here if he's not. Dude replies that he was here, he was just asleep in his truck.

Say what? That, boys and girls, is the lovely sound of someone shooting themselves in the foot. You see, unless you are residing in an apartment on the premises, that is illegal. It is in the lease that every rental tenet in the state of Georgia must sign. You can not live on the property. Period. Full stop.

So, I took my leave of dude, and told bossman of this development.

Dude is now going to be evicted, just as soon as we finish letting him dig his hole.

The sad news is that the eviction process takes like six months.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Ya know what's really stupid? He could have gotten away with this indefinitely if he had not parked so as to block other units, and slept in the storage facility instead. Yeah, I know he's not supposed to do it, just sayin' he could have been smarter.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You might be able to get him out faster...

Is he coming in after the office closes and sleeping in the truck overnight? If so, you might be able to have him arrested for trespassing.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Coming in after the gate opens in the AM, leaving before it locks up in the PM.. Only on the property during the day. (I checked)

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
          Dude replies that he was here, he was just asleep in his truck.

Say what? That, boys and girls, is the lovely sound of someone shooting themselves in the foot. You see, unless you are residing in an apartment on the premises, that is illegal. It is in the lease that every rental tenet in the state of Georgia must sign. You can not live on the property.
          If I'm interpreting this properly, it looks like in GA it's illegal to sleep in a vehicle unless it's on property where you are residing in an apartment. If that's the case, how are OTR truckers supposed to take our MANDATORY (U.S. federal law) rest breaks when in GA?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I suspect the law applies to sleeping in your vehicle while on a property that you are leasing a storage unit from(or just sleeping on the property, vehicle or not) So if you have a storage unit, AND an apartment along with it(since some apartment complexes also have storage units) you're fine. If it's just the storage unit, you're not fine.

If the property doesn't have a storage unit, and it's not private property, you're probably still fine?

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              ... rest breaks when in GA?
              Listen real close for Dueling Banjos...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The facility is a storage company. In the lease that you sign in order to get a unit, we inform you that you can not sleep on the property, wether you are in your unit or your car. The sole exception to that is if you are a tenet of the apartment on site.

Comment

Working...
                X