This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? She didn't move?

So, I currently work for a company that houses low income elderly and disabled. It's a great job and I really enjoy it. Yesterday, my boss came to my office and said it was an emergency and I needed to go with her to the other building.

The emergency? One of the residents had just hit another resident with her car. On purpose. Because she wanted the parking space the resident was STANDING in. And her excuse? She didn't move.

The lady who was hit is 85, partially deaf and had her back to the other residents car. She didn't hear anything and the first thing she knew she was pinned up against the table they were trying to move.

The resident who was hit will be okay, she has some really bad bruising but no broken bones.

The resident who did the hitting does not understand the problem here, she wanted that parking space and the other resident didn't move, so that is a great reason to just go ahead and speed up (yes, she sped up) and hit her. She is also getting evicted.

Once the police were called, she took off, so now she has tickets for Leaving the scene of an accident, Failure to stop and render aid and attempted vehicular manslaughter. The least she is going to lose is her place to stay and her license.

When told she was being evicted, she said "You can't do that, I don't have any money" my response was "I don't care". May be harsh, but JEEZ woman, you hit and injured another resident!
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

The least she is going to lose is her place to stay and her license.
    Oh, I think she'll have a new place to stay...assuming the victim presses charges, which she should. I hope she does. The driver may have dementia problems or something but with actions like that, someone's going to want to evaluate her mental state.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth kansasgal View Post
      May be harsh, but JEEZ woman, you hit and injured another resident!
      That's not the problem.

She did it ON PURPOSE!!! That's the problem.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Nice to see another Kansan on the forums. Extreme rudeness and stupidity are rare occurrences out in my half of the state (because we know everybody in the area), but they still happen.

If she hit the elderly lady on purpose, she is looking at 5 years I am guess/hoping.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

At least she'll have someplace to stay... 5 years could very well be long enough.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

This is absolutely horrible, please keep us updated!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              The driver may have dementia problems or something but with actions like that, someone's going to want to evaluate her mental state.
              Is it legal to put her in the mental hospital against her will due to her actions? She's a danger to society if she sees nothing wrong with hitting another person with her car.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Once the police find her she will definitely be arrested. As for being put in the mental hospital, that's for the courts to decide after she's hauled in, but I'd imagine that's a distinct possibility.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Is it legal to put her in the mental hospital against her will due to her actions? She's a danger to society if she sees nothing wrong with hitting another person with her car.
                  Most jurisdictions have a process to put someone in a psychiatric facility whether they want to or not. The burden of proof is usually pretty high and would depend on where you live.

Being a danger to others is usually a good reason to do so if there's evidence, i.e. the police and medical reports.
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Actively and provably dangerous to self and/or others is, in many communities, sufficient justification for locking someone up.

If psychiatric examination proves the person sane, they get locked up in prison. If they're ill, they get locked up in a psychiatric hospital and treated. If they recover from their illness but are still within the duration of the prison term they were assigned, they get moved to prison. If they've completed their prison time in the psychiatric facility, many communities will set them free. Others, it depends on the specific laws.

NOTE NOTE NOTE: this is my understanding of the process as it's supposed to work. Naturally, anything from corruption to insufficient funding or inadequate staffing will screw up how it actually works.
                    Plus, I could be wrong.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

She is not crazy, just entitled. She feels that it is her right to do what she wants. I spoke with her yesterday and told her that sitting in the community area telling people that she can do what she wants is not in her best interest, and she got angry with me and told me she could sit where she wants.

Yes, charges are being pressed. The police have charged her (with several felonies) and she still insists that when she tells the judge that the other woman didn't move it will be okay. I told her that it may be her defense, but the judge won't see it that way.

The injured woman is doing better, but will take time to heal and get over this. She cries at the drop of a hat now and is very sensitive. The bruising is extensive and getting worse, but her doctor says that is to be expected right now and just to keep an eye on her. The other residents are watching her as well and several of them are making sure she eats, etc. by taking meals to her and seeing her in her apartment.
                      Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Quoth kansasgal View Post
                        She is not crazy, just entitled. She feels that it is her right to do what she wants....The police have charged her (with several felonies) and she still insists that when she tells the judge that the other woman didn't move it will be okay. I told her that it may be her defense, but the judge won't see it that way.
                        Isn't that the litmus test for (legally) crazy, would the person have still done this if the police were there and watching? I hope she gets out of your life soon, she sounds extremely dangerous! I'm glad to hear your inured tenant is in good hands.
                        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

That resident sounds like a sociopath; might be fore the best that she gets evicted - who knows who else will 'get in her way' next!
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It's nice that they are taking care of the injured woman, though.
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I thought this sociopath had been evicted. What's she doing still hanging around?

Comment

Working...
                              X