Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most WTF things you've been asked at work.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a nurse I actually had people ask how much longer a person would live if there was a family memeber who was not doing very well.

Comment

Not sure if this is really "WTF", but I had a little boy ask me to tie one of his shoes today.

Comment

I got asked if service dogs are allowed in the pool. Not the pool area, mind you (like maybe a guide dog to get someone to the railings) but the pool itself. As in IN the water. I had no idea what to say to that.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Recently I was asked if a bride could try on my shoes.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
            I got asked if service dogs are allowed in the pool. Not the pool area, mind you (like maybe a guide dog to get someone to the railings) but the pool itself. As in IN the water. I had no idea what to say to that.
            That's a tough one. On the one hand, you have the ADA which says that service dogs MUST be allowed anywhere their owners are. On the other hand, you have state and local health regulations which probably treat "dog in the pool" the same as "turd in the pool", i.e. you need to shut the pool down and sanitize it.

I'd lean toward a "white lie" - that you've had complaints about dogs nearly drowning because they couldn't get out of the pool, and adverse reactions to the pool chemicals. It's not safe FOR THE DOG to allow it in the pool.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

I'd lean toward a "white lie" - that you've had complaints about dogs nearly drowning because they couldn't get out of the pool, and adverse reactions to the pool chemicals. It's not safe FOR THE DOG to allow it in the pool.
              We do have a bit of leeway on asking what service the dog is actually performing (that's allowed under ADA) but I like Wolfie's approach (ie "chlorine isn't good for dogs") better, and I'll use that if it ever comes up.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
              X