This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    BTW, my car isn't a Trans Am, and both the Sherrif/father of the groom and the guy who hauled the load are dead.
    You know, there actually is something called "The Bandit Run".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bandit_Run
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
      Can you drive from Atlanta, GA, to Texarkana, TX and back in 28 hours? I know some guys who want some beer...they'll pay you for it if you can do it...
      But can they also make to Boston and back to pick up some clam chowder in 18 hours?

I would like to have seen that movie.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

And Wells Fargo's reputation continues to circle the bowl...

https://consumerist.com/2016/09/30/l...aud-from-2007/

From the article: "At yesterday’s [9/29/16] contentious House Financial Services Committee hearing on the Wells Fargo fake account fiasco, CEO John Stumpf said his bank was reviewing accounts going back to 2009 to see how long employees had been opening new accounts in customers’ names without authorization. Now one member of Congress says there is evidence indicating that this sort of bad behavior goes back nearly a decade."

I'm wondering if Wells Fargo will be able to withstand this...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          To be fair, Wells Fargo has $1.3 billion in assets. If they do fail, their assets will be divided and sold to multiple banks.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            As I commented on Newzapalooza (FB group I run) when I posted a story on this, the question isn't whether they'll survive, but whether they deserve to.
            Seph
            Taur10
            "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
              ..the question isn't whether they'll survive, but whether they deserve to.
              That is an EXCELLENT point, but at this point they've gotten so much bad publicity it's hard to believe their customers won't leave in droves...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                That is an EXCELLENT point, but at this point they've gotten so much bad publicity it's hard to believe their customers won't leave in droves...
                So glad I talked Mom into leaving that bank last fall. Fifteen years, 3 bank name changes and a lot of headaches we had to endure (not to mention frequent overdrafts on our account that they couldn't explain.) I'm now wondering if I should look more into this issue, as this may explain why we had so many overdrafts over the last 3 years or so we were with them. . . .

We are with a smaller, regional bank and have no regrets.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                  No need to worry about that, after all, they're 'too big to fail'
                  Seph
                  Taur10
                  "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
                    No need to worry about that, after all, they're 'too big to fail'
                    I wouldn't be too sure about that...

https://consumerist.com/2016/10/03/i...least-for-now/

"The fallout from the Wells Fargo fake account fiasco continues to pile up, with state officials in both California and Illinois announcing they would stop doing business with the bank for the time-being."

Somehow I see this trend spreading to other states in the very near future. And this is going to hurt...

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      (not to mention frequent overdrafts on our account that they couldn't explain.)
                      This sort of thing is one reason I left BoA YEARS ago and never looked back.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

A marketing opportunity for other banks:

"We are currently employing many good workers fired by Wells Fargo for honesty."
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I like that!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            This sort of thing is one reason I left BoA YEARS ago and never looked back.
                            I had an account w/BoA years ago when I first started working (Nations at the time.) Stayed less than a year and closed the account. Didn't want to go back to them either.

I've heard others say they prefer either the regional banks or credit unions. And after reading up on several of the smaller banks, we went w/one that not only has a branch near us, but several of the larger companies do business with this regional group, a well a one of the larger state universities that's nearby.

And you know the saying . . . . if one's doing it, they're all doing it. Makes me wonder how many more of the bigger banks have similar shenanigans going on. . . .
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Oh hey, it just so happens the CEO of Wells Fargo sits on the board of directors for a certain red big-box retail chain.

Ponder that the next time they pester you to open a store credit card.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                                I wouldn't be too sure about that...

https://consumerist.com/2016/10/03/i...least-for-now/

"The fallout from the Wells Fargo fake account fiasco continues to pile up, with state officials in both California and Illinois announcing they would stop doing business with the bank for the time-being."

Somehow I see this trend spreading to other states in the very near future. And this is going to hurt...
                                Laughs, "Oh I know that, I was kinda joking. Remember during the financial melt down that banks weren't allowed to fail, that'd be bad, so I wonder if we'll run into the same thing here."
                                Seph
                                Taur10

Comment

Working...
                                X