This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    Wanna really blow some minds? Introduce the concept of "Sun Tea" It's iced tea, but brewed without the aid of hot water, or a kettle at all.
    Seen it. Had relatives that did it.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Sun tea does not work here. We don't get enough sun. Maybe it could work for some people who have lots of time to wait for their iced tea. Whenever I've tried it, it's so weak I couldn't drink it.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

My dad used to eat this stuff.

I thought it was disgusting.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          My dad used to eat this stuff.

I thought it was disgusting.
          It's great on ginger snap cookies!

(now that you've lost yours)another
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            It's great on ginger snap cookies!

(now that you've lost yours)another
            Oh, I've also seen the "ketchup on scrambled eggs" thing.

Comment

A mid-Altantic specialty in the US is scrapple. It is featured at my model railroad club's annual meeting, being a favorite of one of the founders. Since we have Australian and British members, vegemite and marmite have been added to the menu.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Hey Braunschweiger liverwurst is GREAT STUFF! Only if it's Kahn's brand tho
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  Another is tea plus a half a frozen condensed cranberry juice. I think the recipe is called Boston Iced tea, and it's amazing.
                  Tea and soup are two things New Yorkers get wrong. Clam chowder does NOT contain anything that grows above ground on a member of the nightshade family (potatoes, as in New England clam chowder are OK, tomatoes, as in Manhattan clam chowder are NOT), and tea does not contain booze (Long Island iced tea).

BTW, with so many mentions of pudding in this thread, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the "Chieftain of the Pudding Race" - Haggis.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Haggis is just
                    Tried it once and never again. And before anyone asks it was the proper stuff in Scotland.

I'll have to try the Sun Tea. It looks yum. But I'll need to make it in a smaller batch because I'll be the only one drinking it.

Oh and gravy should not be white. That is just not right. I'm so glad I didn't order that when I was in the states.
                    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      A mid-Altantic specialty in the US is scrapple.
                      My wife told me when she went to college in Pennsylvania, she had a friend there who "introduced" her to Scrapple.

model railroad club's
                      Cue Homer Simpson: "NERD!!"

Since we have Australian and British members, vegemite and marmite have been added to the menu.
                      That's all well and good, but did they also have VitaMeataVegaMin?

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                        That's all well and good, but did they also have VitaMeataVegaMin?
                        That one deserves a chorus of booze.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          That one deserves a chorus of booze.
                          Alcohol, 23%?!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            and tea does not contain booze (Long Island iced tea).
                            Just need to point this out. Long Island Ice Tea contains no tea to begin with. It's name is derived from two factors:

1. A punch during the age of piracy (ie the 17th century) made on ships owned by the British East Indian Company which did used tea as it's "weak" ingredient (punches in those age were much more strictly constructed and had specific recipes for them)

2. From a visual appearance, the cocktail when properly constructed is indistinguishable from a proper iced tea.

As far as how much tea is in the cocktail? The closest it might get is if the one mixing it looks at iced tea for a visual reference point.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Wanna really blow some minds? Introduce the concept of "Sun Tea" It's iced tea, but brewed without the aid of hot water, or a kettle at all.
                            I make it every summer myself. I have iced tea during the summer as opposed to hot tea in the morning and it's an easy enough process. You just need the temperature to be warm enough. (20C on a sunny day, 30C or warmer on a cloudy day. Rainy days are right out though)
                            Last edited by lordlundar; 05-05-2017, 02:17 PM.
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I thought haggises(4,691 irradiated haggises...check)were banned from the USA...

Now as for scones,which way do you do them... cream then jam or jam then cream...
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                                I thought haggises(4,691 irradiated haggises...check)were banned from the USA...
                                Weird that haggis would be banned, and yet the USA has chitterlings (chitilns).

Comment

Working...
                                X