X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew a Harry Palmer.

Seriously.

And that race car driver Dick Trickle? Did his parents lose a bet or something? Geez!

Worse name I ever saw in my life. God is my witness...I am not making this up.

Working in Olive Garden, and on Boot Camp Day (once a week the boot camp graduates came in with their families. We were near a military base). This one poor son of a bitch came in with the name "Cum" emblazoned across his chest. Private Cum. I kid you not. Can you imagine going through boot camp with that name on your uniform?

I went back in the alley and said to my coworkers, "you ain't gonna believe this, go out by my section and look at the guy's name at the five top. Don't be obvious. " I'd see people casually cruise by and then damn near drop their trays.

Comment

While working at West and selling AT&T I came across a....

Harry Balls.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
        I had a teacher in grade 7-8 named Mrs. Dick.
        Heh, one of the fifth-grade teachers at my school was named Mrs. Organ. Good thing she wasn't an Army private!

Once had a customer with the last name of Schmuck. I can imagine the teasing he's gotten throughout his life. Fortunately, he did not have a first name that would've combined badly with it.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
          I know a family of Drs whos last name is Dye.
          I think after a visit to Dr. Dye, I'd get all existential and have to check in with the folks at the Amigone funeral home. I'm sure it's not pronounced "Am I Gone," but...

amigone.com.
          I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            Working in Olive Garden, and on Boot Camp Day (once a week the boot camp graduates came in with their families. We were near a military base). This one poor son of a bitch came in with the name "Cum" emblazoned across his chest. Private Cum. I kid you not. Can you imagine going through boot camp with that name on your uniform?
            Well, if he worked his way up through the ranks, he'd eventually become Major Cum.

Yow.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              This one poor son of a bitch came in with the name "Cum" emblazoned across his chest. Private Cum.
              I was at an airshow and had access all areas, so was dining with all the air crew and support staff, and I came across a New Zealander, their military puts a label on you so you know which branch you are from and your surname, so this chap had

"Crappe" "Air Force"

Emblazoned across his chest.

Oops
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Some years ago, there was a guy running for public office whose name was Paul Nus. I was always slightly disappointed he didn't go by just his first initial.

When me and my dad used to go to the stock car races when I was little, one of the drivers was named Richard Hed--sometimes he was referred to as Dick Hed.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I may have mentioned this before, but, two of the urologists in my town are named Dr. Wood and Dr. Palm.

I also knew a doctor with the last name Doctor. That's right, Doctor Doctor.

Comment

Quoth hecubus View Post
                    Doctor Doctor, give me the news! I've got a bad case of loving you!
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Lets see if I still have that screenshot.....

><

( and yes I double checked the spelling with her. )

Comment

My friend's cousin was named Crystal Sandy Lear (crystal chandelier). Everyone called her Lamp. She was the light of her parents life. Truly a bright girl.
                        Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
                        The following is subject to change:
                        If Your Going Through Hell,
                        Keep Going...

Comment

hehehe this is all so funny

My first grade teacher was named Mrs. Pugh.

I had a friend in college who's name was Christian Blood. Christian was actually his middle name. He started going by it in high school when he figured out how odd it was with his last name. He said it never occurred to his parents.

Had a roommate once named Grace Hopper. She opened her own business and called it Grasshopper Photography.

My mother's family had a hell of a time growing up---their last name was Paul. One of my aunts was named Dale Paul, and would constantly be referred to as Paul Dale. She always got put in the boys P.E. classes growing up.

Another friend was named Shannon Burns. She once told me she was the only person she knew who's name was a complete sentence.

I knew a girl named Love Dryden. Her parents were hippies and they had apparently had to be convinced not to name their little bundle of joy "Pepsi Love". they settled for plain old "Love" instead.
                          Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
                            I had a teacher in grade 7-8 named Mrs. Dick.

Oh, the jokes made on that name...
                            My older sister went to school years back with a "Carrie Dick." Hilarious. Also a Michael Crashes, which for some reason struck us all as hilarious.

Quoth hecubus View Post
                            I knew a girl many years ago who was a psych major whose last name was Doktor. If her plans to become a psychiatrist came together, by now she probably is Doctor Doktor.

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                            Another friend was named Shannon Burns. She once told me she was the only person she knew who's name was a complete sentence.
                            My mother's name is actually not only a complete sentence, but a question at that. But for various reasons of privacy, I won't be saying it here.

I will, however, mention that both my mother and her sister each married a "color." As in the last name of each man was the name of a color. When I say we have a colorful family, I am not kidding!

Speaking of strange names, for a while down here I was working with a girl whose name was "Critter." I asked her what the deal with that was. Her response was even funnier. "My name is actually Christine. I have several brothers. It seems the joke was on me." So somehow "Christine" became "Critter" and that is the name she goes by. NO ONE calls her Christine. It is doubly amusing because Critter is actually a very attractive woman.

Speaking of people we work with, I am sure I have mentioned this before, but the shortest staff member at The Bar where RW and I work has the last name of....Short.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

I forgot to mention that there was another English soccer player with a great last name.

David Seaman. I am not kidding.

There's also a Brazilian player with the name Kaka.
                              Last edited by ArenaBoy; 10-21-2007, 04:57 PM.
                              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Lady Heather View Post
                                My friend's cousin was named Crystal Sandy Lear (crystal chandelier). Everyone called her Lamp. She was the light of her parents life. Truly a bright girl.
                                Bill Lear, of Learjet and 8 track tape fame, named his daughter Shanda. That's a true story.

Referring to someone else's post, US Navy Rear Admiral Grace Hopper was extremely influential in the computer world, inventing the first compiler for a computer language, in addition to a zillion other innovations.
                                I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
                                X