This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most annoying ringtones heard

Today I had a customer come up to my register who's phone went off to Alvin and the chipmunks "Christmas Song." I told my manager "Now that's the most annoying ringtone I have ever heard." He shakes his head and says "no way, I have one better." I inquire to which he simply says "chicken dance." I stood corrected.
    Can anyone beat that?
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to annoy people, I used to have Alvin and the Chipmunks singing Donch'a by Pussycat Dolls.

I've since taken it off though.
    This post has been brought to you by the IPF SC Neutering Campaign.

Comment

I have heard a very annoying one: mine.

It's the end theme to Invader Zim. And my phone will no longer download ringtones, for some reason, so...
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

One night on BART, a young black man, dressed in Roca Wear, had his cell phone ring. I was sitting across from him and almost jumped, because the ring was a recording of a young woman screaming excitedly, "Oh, my God!"
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

My co-worker has a loud scream as her ringtone. One you might find on a halloween sound effects CD.

My ringtone is the introduction to Moshi Moshi by Corduroy - about 6 different "standard" phone ringtones going off at once. My message tone is part of Internet Celebrity by Beefy, specifically the line "I just want someone to make a ringtone of this song".

Best one I've heard was a customer who recorded himself saying "My phone's ringing. Suppose I should answer it. Or I can let it go to voicemail. Yeah I'll do that."

Comment

When my SIL calls I have the "Doom Song" from Invader Zim...it just grates on my nerves when it goes off so I have to answer as quickly as possible to get it to stop. Also, it earns me dirty looks from the easily confused.

Comment

Annoying ones I've heard:

Crazy Frog doing Axel F.
              Gummi Bear ringtone
              And one that just has some very random tones repeatedly.

Funniest one I've heard though goes "Message"...."Message" and just keeps doing that and getting louder each time.

Oh and the other two I've heard are: "Warning! Warning! Asshole Alert! Asshole Alert!" and "Warning! Warning! It's the wife!" My dad has the latter on HIS phone.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I used to have the Benny Hill theme song as my ringer. Does that count?

(does anyone know where I can find an mp3 of that annoying song? I should make it a ringer again)

Comment

My most annoying ringtone is all those idiots out there who have their cellphone programmed to sound like the ring of an "old" phone.

Woohoo! It's ironic because it's old sounds on new technology! Isn't that hilarious????

They're not "unique." They're not "trendy." They're not "wacky." They're just a symbol of how much of a TOOL you are.
                  Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

All ringtones are annoying.
                    "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Quoth TravisRB69 View Post
                      My most annoying ringtone is all those idiots out there who have their cellphone programmed to sound like the ring of an "old" phone.

Woohoo! It's ironic because it's old sounds on new technology! Isn't that hilarious????

They're not "unique." They're not "trendy." They're not "wacky." They're just a symbol of how much of a TOOL you are.
                      I'll tell my husband what you think of him...........

Comment

Our CEO leaves his phone in his office when he goes to a meeting, then his phone sounds an alarm to remind him of his meeting, and it DOES... NOT... STOP. It's a really annoyingly pitched version of the classical tune, Trout. After it was apparent that it annoyed the hell out of us, the CEO's pet changed the ringtone on his phone to the same tune. I now have a Nerf maverick in my drawer with his name on it the next time it rings.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                          When my SIL calls I have the "Doom Song" from Invader Zim...it just grates on my nerves when it goes off so I have to answer as quickly as possible to get it to stop. Also, it earns me dirty looks from the easily confused.
                          That...is fantastic.

If mine downloaded ringtones, I'd put the Zim Santa song in it..."or be crushed...be crushed...BYYYYYYYY....his jolly boots of doom!"
                          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
                            "chicken dance." I stood corrected.
                            3...I think...phones ago, that was the ringtone for when Becks called me.

My all-time favorite ringtone was one Fave Ex® made. He was high on his cancer meds and said something along the lines of "*my name*, it's *his name*. Answer the phone. I don't have much time left in this world, so ANSWER. THE. PHONE. Goodbye. Hellooooooooooooooo. Answer the phoooooone. *me giggling in the background.*"

It was cute.

I MUST find that phone.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth TravisRB69 View Post

Back when there was a limited number of ringtones available, using the one that sounds like a phone ringing was a great way to identify which one was yours because nobody ever used that one. But now everyone does so it's just as bad as the other ringtones.

My dad has Lilly Tomlin saying "one ringy dingy, two ringy dingy"

Comment

Working...
                              X