This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth cinema guy View Post
    Ring tones always murder the music they are supposed to play.
    Mine sound decent, probably because I used a program to create them directly from the audio files. It does convert/compress them, but the result still sounds better than most preloaded ringtones.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      Ring tones always murder the music they are supposed to play.
      Yeah, that's what's happened to Achmed the Dead Terrorist now...
      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I don't have an annoyin ring tone, but I want one, axel f mixed with Skee ko I wish.

It's genius!
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I have "Answer the phone it's yo mama. It's yo mama. Answer the phone." for my mom. And for work, I have "Warning! Warning! It's the boss! IT'S THE BOSS!" For my sister, i have the Chipmunks singing Funky Town. For the SO, I have Love Story by Taylor Swift and for his work, I have Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler. For my best gal friend, I have the Cuppycake song. I have a South Park ringtone (Taco Flavored Kisses) for my Mexican friend. And a Family Guy song (Drunken Irish Dad) for my friend who has a dad who likes to drink. My main one is Davy Jones theme.

I am the queen of annoying ringtones, but they get me to answer the phone or the text.
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

My current ringtone is "Do the Bartman" from The Simpsons, but I've also had the Family Feud Theme, the Mrs. Pac-Man theme, "White and Nerdy" by Weird Al Yankovic, and The Price is Right theme. None are too annoying, but I like 'em.
            All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Comment

I don't know how it rates on the "annoying" scale, but one of my co-workers has one that goes "HEY! Follow the sound of my voice and kill whoever's holding the phone!" (Of course, when it goes off several times a day, when I'm on a tech-support call, I do feel like doing as it asks -- so perhaps it DOES qualify as "annoying!")
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                "HEY! Follow the sound of my voice and kill whoever's holding the phone!"
                Yay! Foamy ring tones! I love that one!

Mine's not really annoying, it's the chorus from Judith by APC...

but mine's always on Silent, cuz it has to be at work, and I forget to take it off.
                Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                  Mine's not really annoying, it's the chorus from Judith by APC...

Comment

I have a base model Nokia. No polyphonics or anything so ringtone is generic one that doesnt sound to annoying. Mind you i get one call a day on it when my SO is on his way home and that just annoys the dog

My pet peeve is people who insists on going thru every ringtone on their phone when they are in public - like on a train or in a coffee shop. Drives me nuts.

Next one who does it will find out the finer details of medically extracting said phone from the human body......
                    "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                    "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                    "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I hate the ones to the tune of "Draddle" Because every-single-time I hear it I wind up thinking:

Draddle, draddle, draddle,
                      I made you out of Clay,
                      But I won't fucking play with you,
                      'Coz Draddle's fucking gay.

Blame The SO. -_-'
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

My boss's old phone played "Happy Birthday", and his cell rings at least 5 times a day (company cell phone). I so badly wanted to change it, but then he'd never answer it because he wouldn't recognize the ring.

I try to put mine on vibrate, but then I walk around wondering why it feels like my pants are vibrating until I hear the music playing.

I have Animals from Nickelback as my default (A real loud "NO! We're never gonna quit" will make you answer)

XXL from Keith Anderson for when my family calls and Lips of an Angel from Hinder for when my wife calls.

Comment

It's also fun to listen to how cool people want to be--heard "Low Rider" yesterday. Although I must say Zim is not as bad as some. Chicken Dance? Now, that makes me cringe!!

Comment

I put the theme from Disney's Gummibears on my wifes, and I mostly use the song from the Silverhawks cartoon, but I also have Thundercats

Comment

Quoth TravisRB69 View Post
                              My most annoying ringtone is all those idiots out there who have their cellphone programmed to sound like the ring of an "old" phone.

Woohoo! It's ironic because it's old sounds on new technology! Isn't that hilarious????

They're not "unique." They're not "trendy." They're not "wacky." They're just a symbol of how much of a TOOL you are.
                              I have mine set as that.. Not for the humor, more because it's so distinctive and annoying, I can recognize it from the 100s of cell phones that are constantly ringing around here.
                              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I think the Invader Zim Doom song is awesome!
                                Though I can see why'd it get you to answer your phone!

I have the battle music from Bleach as my ringtone
                                It's unique so noone else has it. But it's also just instrumental music, so people don't think anything of it, unless they actually watch the anime.

Of course, I feel like a complete geek every time my phone rings... but that's ok

The most annoying ones for me, are either ones that have some 'famous' "musician" (re: Rap Singer) saying something stupid, though if someone does have one of these, it's usually a good indication that they're a total asshat.

Also, any ring tone that has a very loud high-pitched noise in it always annoys the piss out of me, but that's because I have some damage to the hearing in my right ear, and certain sounds are PAINFUL to me.
                                (especially since these always seem to be set to MAX VOLUME
                                Last edited by Lingering Grin; 12-18-2008, 03:56 PM.
                                <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Working...
                                X