Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harlan Ellison made a pass at me once, a long time ago, in a galaxy far . . . Oh, wait, no, it was at a Star Trek con, a lot of years ago.

Comment

There's a lot so just some of the highlights:

Steven Spielberg - served him coffee and sandwich and rang him up. He was polite but seemed very hyper.

Michael Jackson - Came for a tour of the shops where i was working after hours.
      He was very nice and even shook hands with a few of us.

Julie Newmar - Even at 60+ (at the time) she was stunning!

Rosanne Barr - loud, obnoxious bitch

Elizabeth Taylor AND Bette Midler having lunch together - They were there for an awards show. Talk about gay Mecca!

Drew Carey - Extremely nice guy. And he really looks good in person.

Tupac Shakur - Also very nice. and a lot shorter than I thought. Very quiet but when one of my CWs talked to him about his music, he was very cool about it and talked to him for a little while. This was just a few months before he died.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Phil Rizutto
        SCOOTER!!!! <3

James Marsters
        Drat I was thinking James Marsden... until you said "spike".

Drew Carey - Extremely nice guy. And he really looks good in person.
        one of my coworkers met him when he was doing a USO show. she said he was really cool and actually much thinner than he was on his tv show (apparently he'd been wearing extra padding for the character part, after he lost weight)

For my own:
        Local blues band from the 80s/90s ... they're disbanded but all on good terms still... the lead guitarist is my karate teacher

and i got a reply twitter from Neil Gaiman a few days ago if that counts.

Comment

Several years ago Tim Allen (Home Improvement) was in my store to pick up some pictures he'd had developed. A co-worker pointed him out to me. I didn't believe it was him because his hair was blonde and I couldn't see his face. I saw him later on TV with blonde hair.

His brother lives in town and is (or was at the time) a teacher at my son's high school which is located just behind my store. My son had him as a teacher one year and said he's as funny as his brother. He used to come into the store quite often wearing a 'Home Improvement' bomber jacket. He looks a lot like Tim and one time I thought it was Tim.

A couple years ago a NASCAR driver was at my store. His car was on display and he was signing autographs out in the parking lot. I was so impressed that I don't even remember which one it was. Ricky Craven was there several years ago. I saw his car but not him. (Our store is a sponsor for NASCAR and Indy Cars)

I guess Kelly Clarkson was also there once but I wasn't working at the time.
          Last edited by Retail Associate; 04-08-2009, 05:18 AM.
          Retail Haiku:
          Depression sets in.
          The hellhole is calling me ~
          I don't want to go.

Comment

I worked for Disney a few years ago. I saw several 'famous' people- Miley Cyrus, Anne Hathaway, Frank Oz, Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett from Star Was), Anthony Daniels, and the guy who voiced Jar Jar Binks.
            I also took the breakfast order for one of the families on Extreme Home Makeover. I can't remember their names, all I remember was they were really nice.

Comment

I had the host of a morning program from one of the city's radio stations come into our movie rental store once. He'd forgotten his membership card so I had to find his account with his driver's licence so I was sure it was him lol...
              I so wanted to tell him I thought he was spiffy, but I figured he must get bugged by strangers enough so I kept my mouth shut

Btw, he was a model customer, no late fees, no annoying questions, and very polite!

Comment

George H Coors (yes, THAT Coors you find in the beer case)
                Sammy Sosa
                Magglio Ordonez
                Javie Lopez
                "The Big Unit" Randy Johnson
                Brian Dennehy
                Jesse Jackson Jr.
                Stedman Graham
                Weird Al Yankovic
                Mel Gibson
                Erich "Mancow" Mueller (radio shock jock)
                Jordan K Weisman (creator of BattleTech)

Prior to being of employable age, I met these guys:
                Sonny Shroyer (Enos from the original Dukes of Hazzard)
                Peter Davison (Doctor Who #5)
                John Nathan Turner (Now deceased producer of Doctor Who and fan of really loud Hawaiian shirts)
                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Never at work but twice at Cirque shows in the LA area.

Pierce Brosnan - saw him waiting in line for the restroom.

Leland Orser, Jeanne Tripplehorn (his wife) and their child - Sitting next to us

Comment

At Work:
                    A few peoples from soap operas "Emmerdale" and "Coronation St".
                    The model Nell McAndrew - Absolutely gorgeous
                    Denise Van Outen
                    A few of the cast of "Last Of The Summer Wine"

Outside of work:
                    Meat Loaf (repeatedly)
                    Jim Steinman
                    Terry Pratchett
                    Jasper Ffordes
                    Rapscallion
                    Chris DeBurgh
                    Dennis Locorriere (the guy from Dr Hook with The Voice)
                    St Cliff Richard
                    Gordon Ramsey
                    Delia Smith
                    Anne Robinson
                    Chris Ecclestone, Billie Piper and John Barrowman. (if you watch the Dr Who episode where he takes the Sliveen woman out for a final meal in Cardiff, there is a Boggles lurking in the background!)
                    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Oh and I forgot to mention this... Never met any of the Baldwin brothers but one of the sisters was a substitute teacher in my school system.

i don't remember her teaching much, just bringing in stuff from the set. one art class we just looked at stuff from the set of Young Guns

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
                        Meat Loaf (repeatedly)
                        Terry Pratchett
                        Rapscallion
                        Gordon Ramsey
                        I am way jealous. I want to live where you live!

Comment

Donald Sutherland stayed at my hotel once. Didn't realize it at first because they weren't staying on the top floor (I delivered their early checkout paperwork) and were using his wife's first name. Early that morning I start doing my rounds when a gentleman comes-out of the elevator. I nod and say 'Good morning sir.' He said good morning too, and just as I got to the elevator I stopped and realized who I'd just spoken to!

Unfortunately, I was professional and didn't ask for an autograph. The shuttle driver did though. The driver has been in hotels for years and has met people from Nixon to Sinatra; has quite the collection of pictures too.
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
                            Rapscallion
                            *blink*

Missed that first time around. I'd sort of a celeb in this one corner of the Internet, but that's about it. Outside of here, I'm simply awesome, but I've yet to capitalise on it.

Rapscallion

Comment

I haven't met anyone yet, but hey, it's my first job, so I'm not expecting to. Though John Stewart held a lecture at the college near my job- I wanted to go but I was on shift... I kept hoping he'd drop by Dunkin for some coffee.

Also a not-quite story, my 9th grade History teacher used to be a waitress, and one day she served Kevin Bacon lunch. Unfortunately, she tripped and spilled food all over him. No tip. ):

(Edit: I had to restructure that sentence. It originally said "served Kevin Bacon for lunch". I laughed a little more than I should.)

Comment

Outside of Work, I have met

Ken Shamrock
                                Ryan Shamrock (Ken's on-air sister)(beautiful as hell)
                                Mickie James
                                Frank Shamrock
                                Ken and Frank Shamrock's real father
                                I am friends with Maria Johnston.
                                Also my ghost hunting group. When we are out and get to talking. We get people acting like we are celebs - now that is cool.
                                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                                X