Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Simon's expression. He was completely enchanted.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
      I loved Simon's expression. He was completely enchanted.
      That's called love.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        That's called love.
        Yeah, I half expected him to propose on the spot.

Actually, that'd've been damn cute. >>
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          Apparently she has a real temper on her.
          I've read a lot about her, and anything I've read has said she has had a hard life with a lot of bullying in her past, as well as her present, so it wouldn't shock me at all if she had a temper, but for the most part, she is described as fairly easygoing.

I think that's irrelevant, though, as it's the voice coming from such a plain and unassuming little package that has people talking.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXwc-i5eYdU

Her cry me a river from a charity cd.

A old time voice, from a era of music I secretly liked.
            Last edited by Plaidman; 04-17-2009, 06:42 AM.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

How ... HOW ... has this woman never been 'discovered' and signed already?

Comment

That lady can SING! We need more substance in today's music and talent pool.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

... more holy crap....
                  listening to the charity song.

And they already gave her a makeover - which is to be expected, cos they do that to everyone who's going to be big and in the finals.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....-new-song.html

The reporter voted for the bob, but i kinda liked the haircut in the center.

and listening to an audio interview with Fox news.... Apparently the show found her (i'm guessing the two guys on the side of the stage knew just what she could do), she tried to ignore the comments about her before the audition, and in her 30s she had about 2 years of weekly vocal lessons.

... and now i'm going to go back to watch the video of her audition again.
                  gonna try this version it seems longer, and is avail in high quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luRmM1J1sfg
                  Last edited by PepperElf; 04-17-2009, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Oh, man, that second recording is even more amazing than her audition! I'm so going to be looking for her recordings once she signs with someone. The woman's got such a RANGE.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                      How ... HOW ... has this woman never been 'discovered' and signed already?
                      Wears clothes that actually covers her body, hair is its natural colour, not obsessed with her looks, no plastic surgery, and speaks her mind (which is her own).

Must say, the odds are stacked against her to get in the door.

Rapscallion

Comment

Looks like Simon isn't the only one who fell in love.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090417...20090417145923

Piers Morgan wants to take her on a romantic date and give Susan her first kiss. XD If this turns into a wacky triangle, I may have to start watching this show.

Comment

Ewwww .... on both counts.

That virtual makeover is stupid. How the hell is she supposed to achieve either hair style without a wig? They should have worked on what can actually be done with her own hair.

Comment

Rumor has it she doesn't even WANT a makeover. She'd rather go in as herself.

Comment

While it's fine to be proud of yourself, exactly as you are, and not feel that you have to *look* different to be valued as a good singer ... if I pay to watch some lady singing for a concert, I do expect her to be made up and have her hair done. It's part of the show. Part of the glam.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                                ... if I pay to watch some lady singing for a concert, I do expect her to be made up and have her hair done. It's part of the show. Part of the glam.
                                I pay to hear them sing. I don't give a darn whether they're all glammed up or not.

Granted, the type of music this woman sings, that wouldn't be the norm to have her come out looking all frumpy, but with the current generation of entertainers, it really doesn't seem to matter much whether they even bother to comb their hair, let alone put on a decent pair of pants.
                                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                                X