This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It finally happened! I QUIT!

I know most of you were tired of hearing me drone on and on about me hating my job, so I finally quit. Sort of.

A bit of background first on why I'm leaving:
    -After a year and a half, I only got one raise for 17 cents without even getting the courtesy of a evaluation from my manager. It's kind of hard to get a raise when I outlasted 3 District managers and 3 Store managers.
    -The same manager has come in drunk on 2 occasions and nobody took it seriously except me.
    -I have a coworker, M, who is a royal pain in the arse. I'm sure some of you remember him, so I'm not going to list my grievences about him again. But, I will say that the reason he is not gone yet is because his dad is a SM in another district. Which of course means, we cant fire him.
    -I was forced to do things I wasn't hired for and never given compensation for learning them. I was hired as a stocker, but I have had to learn register, photo lab, worked in the pharmacy, and even helped with the closing manager duties.
    -Finally, I'm just sick of the customers.

So next Saturday will be my last day...kinda. My manager said I could take a few weeks off by quitting and then I could reapply for my job at a higher pay rate. This sounded enticing so I took it.

After I quit:
    -Celebrate my birthday on the 23rd. Yeah, 19 here I come!
    -Take a trip to NYC for a few weeks and relax before school starts again.
    -When I come back, then I will decide if I want to go back to working there. A few conditions would be in place of course. The main two being: I get the money that I ask for, and M must no longer work there.
    -If those conditions cannot be met, I'll start apply elsewhere, but I am really getting ahead of myself.

So I'm pretty happy right now. As long as I get a better job/pay, I'll be pretty happy. Anyways, enough rambling for now.

I guess this means that I will be lurking for a while, instead of posting.

Olive juice you too.

Congrats, BC!!! I'd wish you luck, but it sounds like you're in a win/win situation.

OoOo.. here's one, if you don't go back, I wish you luck finding something better!!

Jenni
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Enjoy your time off. Sounds like you've certainly earned it.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Here's hoping you either get your old job back with your conditions met, or find a great new job! You deserve it after putting up with so much stupidity.

Comment

Dude, that is cool. Congrats
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

It's about time. I was getting sick of your bitching about your manager and cowokers. I would have quit of demanded to be transfered to another store a long time ago.

"but I have had to learn register"

I thought CVS made everyone learn register.

BTW, Did you ever get a response to the e-mail you sent to the ethics line about the drunk manager?

Hopefully you get the pay you deserve this time.
            "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

Quoth El Barto

"but I have had to learn register"

I thought CVS made everyone learn register.

BTW, Did you ever get a response to the e-mail you sent to the ethics line about the drunk manager?
              When I was hired, I was told I would only be stocking. The manager that hired me even told me not to worry, "I'd be too busy in the back to even see the register." Something like that.

And no email back, but he's been sober since (that I know of).
              Last edited by BrassCowboy; 07-08-2006, 03:27 AM.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

Best of luck!!!!!!!!! Hope everything goes well!!!!!!!!!!!
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

KICK ASS! Good for you for standing up for how you should be treated. Far too many ppl just put up with being downtrodden. Great job!
                  The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy
                    -I have a coworker, M, who is a royal pain in the arse. I'm sure some of you remember him, so I'm not going to list my grievences about him again. But, I will say that the reason he is not gone yet is because his dad is a SM in another district. Which of course means, we cant fire him.
                    Oh, sure you can. You just need to get one of the transient DMs on your side long enough to do so. And you need to document (in writing) why he's getting fired, so daddy ends up with egg on his face if he starts complaining.

I had the opposite problem. I had the DM from Hell who, years after she got let go, I found out had children who were doing some serious things they shouldn't to the company. It's an interesting story, but one that's sadly not going to see light of day in a public forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X