This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rather be too thin

I'd rather be too thin than too fat. A lot of the comments directed at 'too thin' people are motivated by jealousy, the ones directed at fat people are motivated by disgust.

I'm obese but I've lost about 40 lbs over the last year, I've got about 100 to go.

Comment

I used to be very big, due to compulsive eating disorder. Whenever anyone said anything to me about my size it cut deep, not just cuz of my size but at the same time I was battling clinical depression. Wish people would just engage brain before opening their traps.

I did lose all the weight once I'd gotten over the depression tho. But I can emphasize with anyone who's big cuz of that.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

To one man who insisted on being really obnoxious and downright cruel about my appearance, I finally said "I'm about to lose 200 pounds of ugly fat--when you walk out the door." The guy turned beet red and walked away without another word.
        awesome, brighid; a great strike at some jackass who likes to 'look good' or 'be funny' at another's expense.

for some stupid reason, idiots like this think that simply because we work there, we have to put up with their insults, and that they can victimize us as they see fit. not so, unwary asshats; come in to my place, say something rude/stupid-I DARE YOU.

i also keep in mind that most of our customers (we've had a steady decline in 'customer quality' since we've opened) are some of the lowest members of society, and need some pathetic way of feeling better about themselves.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Crow, no one should be saying anything about your thinness either. In my book, it's just as bad as picking on someone for being large, or other things like skin color. It's just plain wrong. Unfortunately it will keep happening because the two most abundant substances in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. So all you can do is decide ahead of time what you're going to do when someone says something. Most of the time it really isn't worth your energy and attention to go after someone for being a jerk.

Comment

Working...
          X