This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy closing announcements *one swear!*

So as not to hijack the old thread. Post what you really want to say when it's time to make the closing announcement.

Ones I've thought of are:

"We're closing in 10 minutes. If you're not out of here by that time, we're releasing the hounds."

"If you don't leave in 10 minutes, we'll lock you in and make you work the night shift for no pay."

And the short but sweet:

"We're closed. Bugger off."

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Good evening, the store is now closed and will self-destruct in 5,4,3,2,1.....
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"Security to aisle two! Reports of a skunk!"
      WWJND - "What Would JAM Not Do?" - Fashion Lad

Comment

"We're closed, we have lives, we hate this hell-hole. Please come to the registers with your items so we can get away from this soul-sucking, spirit-breaking building of misery."

I like that one.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I like the old stand-by: "Go the hell away and bother someone else...Wal-Mart is also 24 hours, please go suck out their souls and make their lives hell" (Apologies to anyone who works at a Wally World)
          Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

'We are closing in 10 minutes. Get out. Anybody who orders between now and midnight is not responsible for any bodily fluids found in their meals. And, trust me, there's gonna be some.'
            Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Attention Hollywood Video customers. It is now five minutes to midnight and we are about to close. Please bring your purchases up to the register so that we can ring you out.

*five minutes later*

Attention Hollywood Video customers, the time is now midnight and we are closed. It's cool though, you can stay. The closing time doesn't apply to you. You can stay as long as you want to, because dammit, you're the customer, and the customer is always right, even if the customer says that we should stay open until one the morning. Please, take all the time you need to decide whether you should take home Date Movie or Wedding Crashers to watch with your stoner friends. We realize that this is a difficult and harrowing decision to make, and I speak for our entire staff when I say that we sympathize with you in your time of need. So, like I said, go ahead and browse through every single movie we have in stock. The GSR and I have nowhere to be, and besides, you are more important than we are anyway, on account of you don't work behind a counter or use phrases like "on account of." You are far more intelligent than either of us for the same reason (even though I'm a nursing student and my coworker here is doing pre-med), so if you say the store should be open, well hell, you must be right. Besides, Hollywood stores are staffed not by humans, but by robots equipped with customer service subroutines. As robots, we do not require food, rest, or respect, for that matter, so if you'd like to make a fat joke on your way out, that's cool too. We will reopen at ten AM tomorrow morning, but feel free to bust open the (broken) lock on the door at nine-thirty. Thanks again for choosing Hollywood. I hate you all. Have a pleasant evening."

(This actually has happened on many occasions. There is a group of people who always come in at 11:58, insist that they know exactly what they want, and then stay until 12:30. One night, we kicked them out, being as we were closed, and they called corporate. Corporate, in turn, called us, and told us that we were not allowed to kick people out no matter how late they stayed in the store.)
              Last edited by bars.of.a.rhyme; 07-14-2006, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I always wanted to play that song "closing time"

slowly dim the lights and have someone in a husky voice say "the love tarps will be spread out in 5 minutes, anyone in the store at that time will be required to strip and GET FUNKY"

as disco balls come down from the ceiling

that would get them out faster than a greased pig
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi
                  "the love tarps will be spread out in 5 minutes, anyone in the store at that time will be required to strip and GET FUNKY"
                  Arr Oh Eff Ell.

*wipes iced tea off the screen of her laptop*

Comment

Quoth Kiwi
                    "the love tarps will be spread out in 5 minutes, anyone in the store at that time will be required to strip and GET FUNKY"
                    Totally sigged.
                    Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi
                      I always wanted to play that song "closing time"
                      I'd go one better, and make a mix CD at least 30 minutes long to play during the last half hour that the store is open. It would have "Closing Time", that "So Long" song from The Sound of Music, "Goodbye" by Gravity Kills, and any other songs with the same basic theme. It would be cranked up to full volume, so as to beat the customers over the head with the message!
                      slowly dim the lights and have someone in a husky voice say "the love tarps will be spread out in 5 minutes, anyone in the store at that time will be required to strip and GET FUNKY"

as disco balls come down from the ceiling

Dude, that would ROCK!!!
                      Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 07-14-2006, 09:38 PM.
                      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                      --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Kiwi
                        Or maybe it wouldn't...

I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer

And the short but sweet:

"We're closed. Bugger off."

Is bugger really a swear word? I hear it in movies and television all the time, and I always thought it was like "damn." You know, naughty enough to get the point across, but not bad enough to get one's panties in a bunch.
                          Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth Knightmare
                            Is bugger really a swear word? I hear it in movies and television all the time, and I always thought it was like "damn." You know, naughty enough to get the point across, but not bad enough to get one's panties in a bunch.
                            It's not swearing in the colonies, but I remember one time I used it in front of a pair of young British girls who were somewhat shocked by such crass language in public.

Comment

Bugger is I think a form of verb used to describe ... ahh.. how do I put this the right way an... action between man and animal.

My Grandad just about drove into a powerpole when I said it once as a child.

correct me if im wrong?
                              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                              X