Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get racial insults tossed at you that are not your race?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm never mistaken for anything though once when I mentioned I had native american in my heritage, an actual native american squinted at me and said they could tell. For the record, I'm EXTREMELY pale with dark brown hair (natural blond highlighted in the front) and blue eyes. I've got a definate Scottish build though...which makes sense, cause my family's got enough Scottish in them to choke a haggis.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Scottish build I'm referring to, its the long torso and short stumpy legs. As a McDonald, a Ross, and a Fergusson, I'm 'legal' enough to wear three different tartans

My older sister, however, is always mistaken for Spanish. She's been asked before (while working in retail) how she's liking this country even though she talks with no accent whatsoever. She has people who start rattling off to her in Spanish constantly, and while she does speak enough to know what's being said in most cases if its slowly, someone rattling off at top speed just makes her stare in stupification.
    My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

The closest I've had to some-one throwing a racial epitaph at me is a guy called in, I gave my normal opening spiel and the only sentence I heard was "God d*mnit! Not ANOTHER black woman" *click*

As you can see here here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...r/DSCF0579.jpg
      I'm as pasty white as you can get.

I do get a lot of people asking where I'm from as I have an odd accent, left over from a speech impediment I had as a kid. But don't really get a lot of insults over it.

Comment

i don't get any racial slurs thrown at me, i've been mistaken for an american a few times, but not in a bad way, i however, get alot of the stupidest insults ever thought up thrown at me randomly, i have a beard, i let it grow pretty long, as i like to have it braided sometimes, so people keep commenting on how there's wild animals hiding in it, or that it could kill people.... it's facial hair... get over it! it's not my fault you can't grow a beard *sigh*
        Rawr

Comment

I'm 'legal' enough to wear three different tartans
          Yes, but you'd look silly trying it...
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I remember a friend at work pulling this stunt........and yes, it makes me a horrible person for finding it hilarious at the time......but I will tell it anyway.

When I was temporarily transfered to another department, I met several other people who were also temporarily transfered. We were all alone compared to the evil, gossipy, rude, crude crowd of people in that department, mostly made up of older people with nothing to do but gossip, tattle, and try and wreck a younger employee's future.

Two boys and I got along great. I never dated either one of them or anything, but we've still remained friends to this day.......that and another girl who is also still one of my good friends, but she wasn't there that night.

So we have satellite radio at work. One night it was that god awful slow country music. Anyone seen the commercial for "country's got heart?" cds? Kinda like that. Anyways, my two guy friends were singing along to it, not obnoxiously or anything, but trying to keep spirits high, because there isn't much you can do when you're stuck listening to country music 3-4 nights out of the week.

There was this woman from Russia whose family had moved to the states a few years back and all of them worked at the factory. She was a large woman with big poofy hair and the meanest, most evil looking face you'd ever imagine. If looks could kill...............one day she shot me the most evil glare in the world....and all I was doing was putting on chapstick. I swear, her eyes were shooting daggers at me. She was extremely unpleasant.

Well, she happened to be working next to the boys and I was kiddy corner to them. She all of a sudden screams "STOP THAT SINGING NOW!" and pounded her fist against the counter. Both boys kind of jump back and are like "wtf?!"

Ok, now, I promise, this is the racial slur part we finally get to...

When we got to go out to our break, I started up a conversation I never should have. "Wow, that bitch really told you two off!"

One guy then sneers, "Damn dirty commie bitch should just shut the fuck up and go back home."

The other one says, "Maybe we should keep doing it and see if she'll yell at us again, then we can get her fired for being psycho!"

Yes, I know, I'm a terrible person, but I thought the commie part was hilarious. I actually agreed with both of them.

Unfortunately, she still works there, and I get a lovely icy glare every time she sees me in the hallways.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yes, but you'd look silly trying it...
              But I've always wanted to look like an elderly golfer threw up on me...
              My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

I work in the finance industry, and have several times been called a Jew, I was trying to Jew someone over, etc. I have no Jewish ancestry that I know of.

My favorite story along this topic was from a call I listened in on with my supervisor at the time, who was Haitian. The customer, as they are wont to do, made some ridiculous and unrealistic request, and started getting personal when he was denied.

S: Supervisor
                SC: The Obvious

S: Well, that's not going to happen, sir. Is there anything else I can help you with?
                SC: Yeah.
                S: What's that?
                SC: You can go back to India where you come from.
                S: I'm not Indian.
                SC: Fine, Jamaica then.
                S: I'm Haitian.
                SC: WHATEVERR!!!!!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  Any idea where to get one?
                  /looking for leads
                  //Really doesn't want to make one by hand, but that'd be the most likely way to get one in pink...
                  http://www.starscarves.com/ob3036.html

There ya go

Comment

wooo I have a couple of Pashminas! I never even thought to wear them as a hijab!
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth nick1091 View Post
                      SC: You can go back to India where you come from.
                      S: I'm not Indian.
                      SC: Fine, Jamaica then.
                      S: I'm Haitian.
                      SC: WHATEVERR!!!!!
                      What a classic. i bet if that Sc had any decency, he would be ashamed. But he probably doesn't have decency, that why he is an SC
                      ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                      Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        I've been called a "white bitch" by a black girl who barged into me; while technically correct, it's a bit off seeing as I didn't do anything to her, and if I'd called her a "black bitch" she probably would have been really angry, and so would everyone around us.
                        Honey, where I'm from, Bitch is not an insult. I have worked a long time for that title, so don't use it lightly.

Seriously, I haven't been called any kind of racial slurs that I can remember.

Well, there was my grandfather (R.I.P). He called me a n****r lover once, which was true, I am married to a black man.

My family is very racist, except my dad and stepmom. My mother has disowned me twice for just dating a black man. They cannot understand how I could be married to a black man, they says I was raised better than that?!? I am glad I am no longer associated with them.

It took 10 years but my mother has come around, I think. When she seen my kids she changed her tune. I always used to piss her off by telling her that she is the reason that I met my husband, she pushed me into the military.

She now tells me that she is very proud of me. She said not many woman can raise one kid let alone 5 of them. She said that I am doing an excellent job. I take this very personal and to heart coming from my mom.
                        Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

I used to get "druggie" all the time. My eyes are always (always) dark. Kinda like I've been punched, or I never sleep. Neither is true, I'm just that way. (Racoon like).

Another guy once called me the 6'-2" Jew. I have no Jewish heritage and I'm acutually Catholic. Figure that one out...

I used to get Redneck all the time. One person said I should paint KKK across the hood of my truck. Why? Because I owned something with a Confederate flag on it. My grandmother is from Virginia and I had relatives fight for the confederacy. I don't flaunt it or anything, but that was the only reason I had it.

Comment

Not racial, but I tend to get the following far too often:

"fag", "queer", "fucking homo".

All because I have a lisp. Bloody hell, it's annoying.

Especially with my 6-month anniversary with my girlfriend coming up in 2 weeks.

((No offense to any here who may be homosexual, but it's just not for me, for one, and for two, it brings back bad memories from middle school.))

And not just that, but one (female) co-worker at a prior job (selling vacuums door-to-door), the first question she asked me was "Are you gay?". Seriously, she had just found out my name 15 minutes prior.
                            Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                              My hubby, for example, is a white guy with medium brown hair and blue eyes. You'd never guess he's 3/4 Apache Indian just by looking at him.
                              You just broke my Punnet Square.....

Comment

Quoth JetfireRules View Post
                                * = For those that don't know, the British used to "impress" people into the navy hundreds of years ago by getting you @$$drunk and having you wake up on the ship.
                                Drunk was optional, but solved a lot of problems for the press gangs. It also meant that you could start operating the ship as soon as the hangover passed, rather than waiting for the bones to knit.

And you thought today's managers were bad...

Comment

Working...
                                X