This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Runner

I've had Forum Runner mentioned to me a few times.

http://www.forumrunner.net/ for those interested. It's effectively an app for people on mobile devices to browse forums. It doesn't cost me anything, but for the end user to use fully there's a small charge. That goes against my usual ethos.

After another reminder about this, I figured I'd open this up to everyone. We have a mobile skin available (free to you and me), but how many people would be interested in actually using it?

I've set up a poll with just one choice. Vote for this if you reckon you'd use it. It may be that you've already bought the software for your mobile device and want to use it here as well. It may be that you'd like to have the option.

If it's of no interest, don't vote. Makes sense, right?

Rapscallion
    Yes
    61.90%
    Damn, can't select one poll option - voting here means nothing.
    38.10%

The poll is expired.

Almost two hours in and two people so far have voted in the second option that does nothing. I am amused

Rapscallion

Comment

Er...does it work on Blackberries?
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Reckons intended support for them in the future.

Rapscallion

Comment

Not voting, as I don't have a cell.

Now, if the second option had been; "I'd like some bacon wrapped chocolate chip and walnut cookies....."

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

I've downloaded the "FREE" version of ForumRunner onto my iPhone, and it looks pretty good. It is missing a lot of features though, so I'd probably spring for the reasonably-priced $1.99 version if CS and Fratching go this route.

I'd very much like to see this happen.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              Almost two hours in and two people so far have voted in the second option that does nothing. I am amused
              I'm an American....I like throwing my votes away.....plus I have this compulsion to vote in all online polls.....must vote....
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

As far as I know, I'm the one who first suggested it. I'd love to see it happen, personally.

Comment

I took a quick look at in on my HTC. I can't see any of the forums I currently use in its forum list, so I would have to sign up somewhere just to try it. And with no other forums I use, even if CS were to use it, it would pretty much be a one-off for me.

I know this is OT, but what about using a mobile style for the site? Probably more effort on your part though.... http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151186
                  There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Mobile style has been installed for some time. Skin chooser is on th ebottom right.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                      I've downloaded the "FREE" version of ForumRunner onto my iPhone, and it looks pretty good. It is missing a lot of features though, so I'd probably spring for the reasonably-priced $1.99 version if CS and Fratching go this route.

I'd very much like to see this happen.
                      I'm going to look for an android version out of curiuosity but I haven't even heard of it before....what's it like?
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                        I'm going to look for an android version out of curiuosity but I haven't even heard of it before....what's it like?
                        Basically, there's a list of participating forums, and it makes it really easy to navigate and view them. Everything is formatted to your phone's screen. Remarkably fast to load, too.

From what I can tell, the free version is excellent for browsing, but the paid version (which I haven't sprung for yet) makes it super easy to respond to posts and participate.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

And the Android version does exist. I saw the same sort of usability that Boozy did. Of course, I also wasn't going to spring for the paid version when I couldn't even use it with my forum of choice, so didn't go any further.

Comment

I'd be willing to try it out.
                            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

i dont browse with a cell but im voting yes
                              cos i figure the people who want to browse here with a phone should have the option.

Comment

Working...
                              X