Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music selection at work: love or hate?

I honestly HATE the current music selection at work. It's a select bunch of songs on a music station, the same ones played over and over again for the entire week.

I'm sick of being tortured by the god awful "Fergalicious" and I hate After the Fire's version of "Der Kommissar" beyond vengeance.

Play Falco's version - and his other stuff!

Oh, and Ashlee Simpson sucks too, along with all of the other crap that I can't think of off the top of my head at the moment. You know the radio station blows when 99% of the staff voted to hear different music!

But I do relish in the very rare moments that I hear Tears For Fears. I rocked out to the album version of Head Over Heels with the Broken reprise at the end, and I rocked out to Break It Down Again, Everybody Wants To Rule The World, and Shout.

I am absolutely dreading this year's Christmas selection like I did last year. But I have the trusty iPod at the ready with the best selections of Hardy, Dutronc, Falco, Peter Schilling, TFF, France Gall, Sandra, and Arabesque at my fingertips!

I love Christmas, but not the music.
    "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

I absolutely HATE the music selection at work except for one or to songs, I'm forced to put up listening to that crap until the last hour and fifteen minutes of my shift where I can put my headphones on and listen to one of my many playlists on my iPod.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

Perfect song to hear over the speakers at work..."Surrounded by Idiots" by Wrathchild America. Part of the chorus goes "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. I'm surrounded by idiots". I'm sure we can all relate to that And for all those of you that work in a resturant/bar thier other song called "I Ain't Drunk, I'm Just Drinkin'"
      Last edited by Alryk; 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

The music at my store sucks (to put it mildly). Two or three songs in the current rotation that I kinda like, but the rest...sappy crappy 80s/90s ballads and assorted newer junk. The store programming has to be on 24/7 it seems, so even the poor night crew doesn't really get a break. Some days I can literally tell time by what songs are on...

Mine is the only store where mom has ever heard Hootie And The Blowfish (and I thought they were annoying when actually vaguely popular...).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Our music selection sucks big fat ass at work. They've ruined many a song. I USED to like Under My Umbrella; hate it now. I USE TO like Skater Boy. HATE that too. They play the same CRAP over and over.

This Christmas selection: let's see if I hear 50 versions of Jingle Bells, 20 Versions of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and many more variations of different songs.
          NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

I'm a vendor-- and I get tired of the music at ALL of my client sites quickly (those that have muzak, or some variation thereof). This is despite being at certain chains less than three hours per week average. I bring along my own music to drown out the on-site junk.

Of course, this means that I soon end up tired of my own music. But it takes longer, and for the low price of $0.99 to $1.29 each, I can change the mix up a bit.

Comment

No music at work for me, but whenever i'm in a place where music is played, i keep my earbuds in and the sound to max until i have to talk to the cashier.
              Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                I absolutely HATE the music selection at work except for one or to songs, I'm forced to put up listening to that crap until the last hour and fifteen minutes of my shift where I can put my headphones on and listen to one of my many playlists on my iPod.
                What music what do they play?
                "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Either it's sugary pop songs (Britney pears, Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus, equally annoying shit) or "soft rock" that sounds like elevator music, so I'm either annoyed or about to fall asleep.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

I grew to love Tenacious D from when I worked at the comic book store. My boss, when he was in, loved the D and would play those few tracks over and over again. I switched it to an 80s mix when he wasn't around. Sadly this was before Pandora or Satellite Radio.

But I love the D now!

My fiancé hates to hear Christmas music before Thanksgiving, and doesn't much care for religious Christmas music. I have to remind him periodically that Christmas is a holiday rooted in a few religions, we live in the buckle of the Bible Belt, so he's just going to have to deal. Plus I love Silent Night in German (John Denver and the Muppets, anyone?)

Comment

Since I can listen to music thru headphones at my desk, I like the music selection just fine.

Quoth Alryk View Post
                      Perfect song to hear over the speakers at work..."Surrounded by Idiots" by Wrathchild America. And for all those of you that work in a resturant/bar thier other song called "I Ain't Drunk, I'm Just Drinkin'"
                      Wow, I didn't think anyone else here even heard of them. One of my coworkers is the brother of one of the guys from that band, a guy named Brad Divens. I saw them twice after they changed their name to Souls at Zero -- once in '93 and again in '96, and the second time my coworker introduced me to them personally. Really nice guys. They even let me help out with "Welcome to the 90's." Sadly, they broke up shortly after that.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I can just imagine a first-time retail worker hired for the season, getting completely overwhelmed on Black Friday, and slipping something by Johnny Paycheck into the playlist before he walks out.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I rather have pop songs than "Muskrat Love" and their ilk.

Comment

I could empty *any* kind of workplace with inappropriate selection from my collection. Folk, East High Seminary Choir, Bitches Brew, Metal, Rap, .... do mandroids dream of eclectic sleep?

My niece facebooked about loading all her music on her phone... I asked if she had one with at least half a terabyte.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              I could empty *any* kind of workplace with inappropriate selection from my collection. Folk, East High Seminary Choir, Bitches Brew, Metal, Rap, .... do mandroids dream of eclectic sleep?
                              I could ask to borrow Bill's iPod and bring in my mini speaker, nothing like death metal on Christmas eve.
                              ......../\
                              ....../__\
                              ..../\...../\
                              ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                              X