X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please look both ways before crossing the road

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...car-in-germany

Yes, that is a literal tank. As in 62-tonnes of British Engineering at work.

The driver is fine. As the tank crew pulled her to safety. The Tank was undamaged. The front of the car was pancaked. That is where the engine is. Do you realize the amount of force needed to crush an engine? That is impressive.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

I'm reminded of a story that Ross Noble shared on an episode of Top Gear when he was the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car. (Unfortunately, couldn't find a clip of him telling the story. Alas.)

He said he'd bought an old tank (really an Abbott 433 self-propelled gun) and was transporting it to his home in the country-- someone else was driving it for him-- when he came to a one-lane road.

He starts down the road when a little old fella comes around the bend coming the other direction. Noble's clearly gone farther down the narrow bit than the other fella, so he gestures: "Go back."

Old fella goes: "No."

Noble repeats himself: "Go back!"

Old fella goes: "Nooo!"

Noble thinks to himself, 'I could not have set this up better,' and simply gestures behind himself, right as the tank's gun comes into view. Driver of the tank hollers for the old fella to get out of the way.

Old fella scrambles around and does so.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Noble's story sounds like a classic example of someone who's out of their league insisting the other guy accommodate them. This sort of thing begs the question "Gas or diesel?" - as in "YOU are going to back up - which fuel will do the job?".
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
      X