This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Flooded? I Can Make It

This thread on Fratching inspired me to share this video of a guy who tried to drive through flood waters. Oops!

Instant Car Wash - People Behaving Badly
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Quote of the day.

"The only thing missing was the fish."

Please, if you see water crossing a road way. Do not drive through it. It might be 3in, it might be 3ft. Do you know with 100% certainty? No, the answer is be No. Getting stuck is the best possible end, getting swept down the current is the worst. Seriously, you could die driving through water.

Unless you are driving a vehicle with a fording kit. Those are all sorts of fun. Some days, I miss the Army. I actually did get to drive a Humvee through a creek once, it was great fun. It was designed to do that though.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I'm usually pretty good at judging it m'self, especially as i make it a point to know what my vehicles depth limit it is, and leave some extra just in case. It helps that i believe when in doubt, don't do it. That said, a couple months ago i dealt with my first flooded street on my scooter, and wound up walking it back to higher ground in near knee deep water muttering my new mantra, 'it's a scooter, not a boat, it's a scooter, ...'
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
        Unless you are driving a vehicle with a fording kit.
        Would a dodging kit be a suitable substitute?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
          It might be 3in, it might be 3ft. Do you know with 100% certainty? No, the answer is be No.
          Isn't there a video online somewhere of a guy hopping into a perfectly innocent-looking puddle and ending up completely submerged in (what I assume is) some sort of sinkhole?
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Growing up in New Orleans, it scared me how often people did this....in an area where ten minutes of heavy rain can cause flooding in some streets x.x Makes me wish more states would follow Arizona's (?) example and charge drivers who get stuck in this manner for the wages & other expenses incurred by the rescue teams.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X