This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evannah View Post
    I was on a review site ages ago scrolling through some reviews left for a particular hotel and found this really horrible, scathing review that wasn't just whiny but rude as well. He was bad-mouthing them left right and centre. I clicked on his profile and he had left over 200 reviews for other places, and they all had one star! I'm pretty sure he does this to get loads and loads of freebies... and judging by the number of bad reviews he wrote, I can only imagine how well it works. Disgusting.
    I am not one to go around putting up negative reviews to all and sundry, but I have written a few (like about the psychologist who wanted me to sign a blank form as my treatment plan and threatened me when I refused) and I've never been contacted by the business. Ever. How exactly would putting a negative review up get freebies? Or are these people stupid enough to put their phone numbers on the review?
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I am traveling Friday and read 53 pages of reviews of the place we are staying.

Comment

Confession: I like to read the reviews of other hotels around the world. Especially the motels. Most of them are complaining about what you said: No breakfast, no bell staff, ugly decor, even ugly uniform on the staff. It makes me laugh.
        The funniest one I've read went something like, "The water warms your feet while you shower. The rough towels give extra scrubbing power. The peeling wallpaper and filthy carpet build up your immune system." I may be wrong but I think s/he was being sarcastic cuz it was a one star review. LOL
        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
        X