• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one ever said they were smart.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      I went to Florida State University
      I don't know that we can be friends now. I need to check the rule book. I went to the University of Miami, and while the rivalry is not as bad as the UF/FSU or the UM/UF rivalry, it's still there. I think we can only be friends when UF and FSU are playing each other.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

When I was at school, I was a member of [My County] Junior Orchestra, and all practices were held at the local girls school. As a 13-14 year old boy, I thought this was awesome

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
          I don't know that we can be friends now. I need to check the rule book. I went to the University of Miami, and while the rivalry is not as bad as the UF/FSU or the UM/UF rivalry, it's still there. I think we can only be friends when UF and FSU are playing each other.
          I did graduate work at UF, but that probably doesn't help our relationship any. But I'm not a big FSU fan anyway. They shut down my College a year after I graduated because the Dean that started and ran it had died.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            They shut down my College a year after I graduated because the Dean that started and ran it had died.
            By "College", do you mean a satellite campus associated with the main university, or a program of study? If the latter, what would happen to people in that program when it got shut down? Would suck to be unable to graduate in your program of choice (after racking up tuition fees for as far as you got) due to the administration discontinuing the program.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              By "College", do you mean a satellite campus associated with the main university, or a program of study? If the latter, what would happen to people in that program when it got shut down? Would suck to be unable to graduate in your program of choice (after racking up tuition fees for as far as you got) due to the administration discontinuing the program.
              Program of study. In this case it was called the FSU School of Engineering Science., not to be confused with the present FSU/FAMU College of Engineering which started up a decade later.

Comment

So what happened to people who were partway through the program when it was cancelled?
                Last edited by wolfie; 07-16-2015, 03:42 PM. Reason: Had 2 reply windows open, replied to wrong thread.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  So what happened to people who were partway through the program when it was cancelled?
                  I don't think I ever knew. Most likely transferred to another engineering school.

Comment

Working...
                  X