This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's almost sandal season!

So, I'm thinking with my tax refund being all happy this year, I'm gonna treat myself to a few things. I want some new sandals... Has anyone here gotten those Adidas slides with those massaging soles? Are they comfortable? ( I'd post a picture, but I'm at work... Heeehee)

They also have foam ones, both have gotten good reviews. Hmm

I also want a track jacket and new gym pants... I need to find some sales!
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Do you have a plato's closet? they sell slightly used named brand clothing and shoes. Most of it is 70% to 80% off retail prices. I have seen those adidas sandals there for 10.00.

Comment

I have those sandals!

The bumps are absolute murder on your feet when you're first breaking them in. After a while they feel great. If it's been an especially hard day at work and my feet are really sore I'll put them on.

In summer, I alternate between those, my birks, and these, which don't have the massage bumps but feel more like a birkenstock. I do this so that my sandals don't get to "gamey" because I live in them during the summer months.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
        Do you have a plato's closet? they sell slightly used named brand clothing and shoes. Most of it is 70% to 80% off retail prices. I have seen those adidas sandals there for 10.00.
        I'm lucky we have a few in my area. I have gotten some killer designer purses (real ones) in there for under $50.00 each.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Never heard of Plato's Closet....though apparently there is one opening up near me 4/21...neat! Maybe I can wait that long......but knowing me, I won't.

Will still check out Plato's when it opens.
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
            Never heard of Plato's Closet....though apparently there is one opening up near me 4/21...neat! Maybe I can wait that long......but knowing me, I won't.

Will still check out Plato's when it opens.
            im pretty sure theres one up here in my town, but idk if the drive is too long for you haha

Comment

I'm lazy...I rarely leave my county

Actually ended uo getting 'em at Kohls....they had them for a few bucks cheaper....there goeth the $ I got back from CT

Comment

I was thinking of getting a pair of Reebok Easy Tone sandals.....only problem is I can't find them at any shoe store around here, only online, and I don't know for sure what size I am.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I could get those same sandals at the swamp for less than at Kohls, after my discount.

If it weren't for the break-in time and laziness, I would. But I really should've gotten my birkenstocks resoled this winter, and I didn't. They have next to no tread left. Walking in the rain could end up being an adventure.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yeah, I always find good shoe deal online, but w/o trying them, its not worth the effort of ordering and possibly returning....I can be a 5.5 or a 6...I curse my tiny feet.

I've seen those Reeboks....can't remember where now...probably a Sports Authority or Dick's (heehee....ok, I'm such a kid)

Comment

Hmmm having second thoughts on these.....they are comfortable, but feel about a 1/2 size too large, that may annoy me. I've only worn them around the house so far. NO I have to see if I can find the receipt ( I won't be a SC if I cannot)

Comment

Working...
                      X