This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I ever say that Kiri rocks?

Our community has a problem with people who don't live here thinking our parking lot is public parking. We've taken several measures but still have an issue, I'm sure most of the time it is a mistake (a guest / worker told by the person they're visiting to park here) while others is just ignorance. I understand mistakes and I'm not a tow first, ask questions later kind of person (but I do put on that show).

Today I came home to see a large landscaping truck and trailer parked on the far lawn. Parking on the lawn can damage it as well as the irrigation system. I am 99% sure it is not our landscaper - he doesn't park on the lawn (what kind of landscaper has that much disrespect for the job to park on lawns?). I came in, put Zorro out in the patio and I took Kiri for an unneeded walk (I always like to have a dog with me as a deterrent for people trying to escalate it - which they have in the past).

I'm sure you all remember how Kiri has acted in the past when needed. She's protected us, as well as protected out community, and saved us from stray cats. She is a great judge of character and knows when to turn it on and how much. She's friendly enough to be in commercials with total strangers and is a great service dog when Zorro needs a break.

I took a quick walk around our community to be sure the truck wasn't for someone here and then I head over to the truck. I do my usual walk around and I take pictures of the license plates (if the owner is around, they'll see what's going on). I see two landscapers across the street and one of them runs halfway across the lawn (in the other direction), grabs a chainsaw and starts to jog towards me.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHY ARE YOU TAKING PICTURES OF MY TRUCK??"

The guy starts to walk on our common area (private property). I tell him that he's not allowed to park here and is also parked on our lawn, which damages the lawn and irrigation system.

The guy continues to walk and then points the chainsaw at me about 10 feet away. Before he can get a word out Kiri lights up - growling and barking and hopping a little (not in a play way). The entire time she is NOT pulling on the leash at all (in other words, she is telling him to back off and is taking a defensive stance). I tell the guy to stop walking towards me but he continues. I back off a few feet and tell him to stop. He did for a second and as soon as he took a step forward, Kiri lit up again (and again, not pulling on the leash).

After this the guy's attitude changed and agreed to move the truck (which he did in a couple of minutes).

Its interesting to see that she not only knows when to turn it on but how much to turn it on.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

The guy threatened you with a chain saw?

Comment

I think I'm considering it more of defensive posturing (or he wasn't thinking of what he was doing and how it could be interpreted). Kiri let him know she was doing the same.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Did you call the Police?...he went to far to say the least.
        And unto the I offer the 11th commandment of god, that whomsover calleth "Shotgun" shall heretofore and forever lay claim to that seat......until you have to pee!!-your friendly neighborhood Crucible

Comment

Working...
        X