This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone Questions

Not sure if this goes here. Feel free to move it doesn't.

I have only used the pre-paid cell phones. I eventually want to get an iphone, but am scared to what the bill might be. I am the type of person that talks somewhat, and texts on occasion. I love the fact that you could go on the internet on the phone, but is it an extra charge each time you go on the phone, is it a monthly charge?

Also, what does the average bill come to for a person like me who doesn't use it that often? Any extra charges I should know of?

I just want to know, and if it's to much just stay with the pre-paid phones.
    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

With phones that have internet connection, you want unlimited data, so that you wont have an over charge. As for minutes and texting, you have to buy those seperate.

You need to look at who carries the Iphone and then look at all their plans. You can do that via the internet. Compare notes and decide the best plan for you.

My advice is get unlimited data, so you can be on the internet all you want and not worry about going over. Get a rather decent amount of minutes, and then texts. Normally, they will give you anywhere from 100-1000 texts a month. If you go over your limit, you get a charge for each additional text. And then you can get a set amount of minutes a month as well.

Also, there are a lot of plans that on weekend and nights you get free minutes. That's for talking only, not internet or text use. They do have unlimited minutes and texting available for plans, however, if you really want the phone or internet values, as i have stated previously UNLIMITED DATA is what you NEED. The rest, you can tailor to what you feel you'll use in a months time.

It CAN be pricey, but you'll find if you go over your limit, you'll in the hole a LOT more.

Talk to a rep at the actual phone store if you aren't sure what you need. They aren't as scarey as some ppl feel that they are.
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

I have a iPhone and have a average bill around 85. Granted I get a 15% discount for being a government work. You have to ASK to see if you can get discount.

I have unlimited data, just added unlimited texts, 900 mins a month, over 5k in roll over mins, and get five fav numbers.

Comment

And most of all do not wash your phone.........
        My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

In my area you can get unlimited everything for $70 to $100 per month, depending on which company you go with.

Comment

also if you're looking at smart phones, don't just look at the iphone, look at several androids, and windows based phones as well-we have a company here called cricket that with an android phone it's unlimited talk, text, and internet for $50.

My android phone does pretty much everything an iphone does and then some(yup I have flash), I can also swap out the battery.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Fiance has a Windows phone and loves it.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
                And most of all do not wash your phone.........
                QFT. I did this. had to buy a new one.

I have an iPhone and I love it. BlaqueKatt is right: look at all your options first. You may find something you like as well or better for a better price.

If you go with an iPhone you have two carrier choices: AT&T and Verizon. That's it, unless you jailbreak your phone.

Neither company offers unlimited data for the iPhone anymore. Some AT&T users (I'm one) are grandfathered in on unlimited data, but I'm sure that won't last forever. I'd get the 250 GB for $25/mo rather than the 25 MB for $15 plan.

I have 450 minutes, 200 text for $85/mo. I don't talk much on the phone so I have about 3000 roll over minutes, and I never use up all my texts because I rarely text anyone. If you have AT&T, and use more than your plan, they roll you up to the next plan upwards.

Since I don't live in San Fran or NY I don't have the connection problems some have complained of. I love the internet access, and do a lot of surfing from my phone. I also use a lot of other apps for this that and the other . . . of all the things I use my phone for, using it as a phone is one of the least things I do.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I have to concure, the android is by far my fave smart phone. EVER. I hate apple products...it's just a me thing.
                  I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

How does the rollover minutes work? Does that mean the bill is less since you have all the extra minutes not used?
                    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

[sarcasm]Reduce the bill? Why would anyone do that? It goes against the concept of money grubbing.[/sarcasm]

You get to keep your unused minutes for a year. If you go over your limit in a following month, the rollover minutes are used to eliminate/reduce overage charges.
                      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                      Save the Ales!
                      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I have an android and love it...and have unlimited data. It's through verizon so I have unlimited texts too. About 1400 minutes and that's with a family plan, we don't come near to using that cause we talk to other verizon users and that doesn't use your minutes.
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I don't have a fancy phone, but mine will surf the net. I pay $85 a month for 450 mins (plus free nights/weekends), unlimited text and data. I get 20% off my bill every month because of where I work, and I didn't have to ask about that; they brought it up. I've been with them for 17 years, except that one time I strayed (T-mobile). There's a reason I heart Verizon, even if they can't do math.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I love Verizon. NEVER had a problem with them.
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                            X