This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Audible.com?

Just curious if anyone has ever downloaded audio books from audible.com. I would really like to get back into reading, but I don't have a lot of time so I started looking around at audio books. They're expensive...but they seem much more reasonable if you get a subscription through audible.com, from what I can tell. Anyone know what the sound quality is like?

I have one audiobook on my iPod (which is kind of odd since as far as I can tell it is not actually available in book form; it's actually the audio of a DVD). I bought it through iTunes but it says "Presented by Audible.com" and I think I had to set up an audible account when I downloaded it. Sound quality is just fine.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I LOVE getting books through audible. The sound quality is awesome and they save a history of what you get in case you need to redownload.

They have a awesome selection too and they give good recommendations.

Comment

My little sister actually used to work for Audible, so if you need more information, let me know, and I'll pry it out of her.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I have an Audible subscription where I get two credits a month for about $23. Every book I have bought so far has only cost me one credit and I've bought classics as well as newsstand authors. Plus if you buy other books beyond the credits (i.e. 3 or more a month) there is a generous discount on the extra books.

I've also received several "bonus" discounts where when I go to check out suddenly my order is much less than expected. (I'm sure they tell me about it but I've not been able to figure out where )

The sound quality depends on the recording, really. You can sample books right on the page and so far what I hear on my computer is what I hear on my iPod. The reviews are generally very helpful too. People often comment on both the sound quality and the narrator's performance in the comments.

I have also gotten books off iTunes like BookstoreEscapee says. They are from Audible but somehow their tracks are broken up differently. For instance most of the books I've gotten directly from Audible have tracks broken so that one track=one chapter, but from iTunes it's broken down in three or four large tracks.
          My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Working...
          X