This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbor News

Within the next couple of weeks, Old Bitch will be moving out.

I've known about this for a few weeks, ever since I went to pay my rent last. The landlord told me I'd be getting a new neighbor, as OB's daughter has bought her her own home. She's been back here since two Thursdays ago, she's packing up her stuff and getting ready to leave by the end of the month.

While it's a big relief, it's also kind of scary, because we've had some really.....undesireable people moving in and out of here in the past two years (some of these peope, I am even amazed the property management company even accepted their applications). I mean, I used to whine and complain about nosy and intolerant of anyone else neighbors (and of course, Sheriff the pest), but we've got some real nuts and freaks here now.

Whomever it is, I hope it's not someone with kids or young people who want to treat this place like a party pad.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Well, I'm glad the old bat is moving out, and hopefully you get some nice chill neighbors. People have been rotating in and out of my four-plex pretty regularly. My landlord has some pretty draconian rules (to weed out the partiers and such), but the space, neighborhood, and price are so worth it. But the unit next to mine is open (that couple became her new in-town managers and moved to a bigger condo.) I'm not sure about the unit below mine, but there's been a different group of people every year.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      While it's a big relief, it's also kind of scary, because we've had some really.....undesireable people moving in and out of here in the past two years (some of these peope, I am even amazed the property management company even accepted their applications). I mean, I used to whine and complain about nosy and intolerant of anyone else neighbors (and of course, Sheriff the pest), but we've got some real nuts and freaks here now.
      That's about what it was getting to be like in my apartment complex - the current property management company took over nearly 1 1/2 years ago, and the caliber of people renting there has been going downhill since then. (For example, the building next to mine seemed to get all the trashy couples who belong on shows like "Jerry Springer".)

Comment

Good for you. I hope you get decent neighbors this time.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

You need to live above me. I am a night owl.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You should move here, then.

Pyscho Outdoorsman and I sort of "bonded" during a power outage last fall, and ever since (and all we did was just talk about the people who live around here and made fun of Sheriff), he's been a lot easier on me. Hasn't even peeked out his window when bf has came over.

I've been trying to beg coworkers to come move under me, since we work the same hours. Everyone whines about the rent. Uh, it's EVERYTHING (save for Internet or if you want digital cable) included. That's why it seems so expensive. It saves you so much money this way. But no, don't listen to me. No one does.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              You should move here, then.

Pyscho Outdoorsman and I sort of "bonded" during a power outage last fall, and ever since (and all we did was just talk about the people who live around here and made fun of Sheriff), he's been a lot easier on me. Hasn't even peeked out his window when bf has came over.

I've been trying to beg coworkers to come move under me, since we work the same hours. Everyone whines about the rent. Uh, it's EVERYTHING (save for Internet or if you want digital cable) included. That's why it seems so expensive. It saves you so much money this way. But no, don't listen to me. No one does.
              So does your rent cover electric/water/sewer/garbage too?
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Yup, all of it.

Heat is electric, double awesome in winter. You don't have to worry about your bill, it's already in your rent. As long as you keep it down when you aren't home and don't crank it, you're good.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  Yup, all of it.

Heat is electric, double awesome in winter. You don't have to worry about your bill, it's already in your rent. As long as you keep it down when you aren't home and don't crank it, you're good.
                  nice I wish my electric bill was covered but water/sewer/garbage is at least.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Oh, man, the water/sewage/garbage bill is getting ridiculous - $80 last month! I know part of that is Fiance, but I suspect that the city is hiking the rates for more revenue.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Garbage is not expensive around here. Even the property management companies that don't include squat in rent almost always include at least garbage.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        Within the next couple of weeks, Old Bitch will be moving out.

I've known about this for a few weeks, ever since I went to pay my rent last. The landlord told me I'd be getting a new neighbor, as OB's daughter has bought her her own home. She's been back here since two Thursdays ago, she's packing up her stuff and getting ready to leave by the end of the month.

Whomever it is, I hope it's not someone with kids or young people who want to treat this place like a party pad.

I don't know how you've tolerated the sheriff without taking a blunt object to his cranium. If I was living in an apartment complex and a lunatic like that kept bothering me I'd keep a taser hidden in my shorts.

Comment

Working...
                        X