This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feathers?

There seems to be a trend around here (I was told by the stylist at the salon that it started at a retail store in Colorado, though, and my bf's sister had hers done in Jersey) where you can have these "feathers" put into your hair the same style that extensions are put into your hair (not as painful or permanent though, just similar). They don't look or feel like feathers, nor do they look like those obnoxious feathers that Ke$ha had in one of her videos. They look and feel like real hair and it just looks like a simple streak of color. You can wash them, dry them, flat iron them, curl them, whatever.

I have two of them in my hair, they are both more wild of colors.

Any other ladies on here have this done lately or see it advertised at salons lately?

I didn't even feel them get put in (versus hair extensions that are extremely painful), but the thing is, if you aren't careful, you can tug on them. I already have tugged on them while sleeping and moving my head, while trying to part my hair after washing it, and while brushing it in general, and while trying to blowdry my hair. But once you get used to them being there, it's no biggie.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I think I may know what you're referring to: do they look like hair extensions that you glue on? I've seen them around at the Royal Adelaide Show and a few other fairs.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

They aren't glued on, they are clipped on close to your scalp with a little piece of plastic

Comment

I have one of those in blue. Had it for a while.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I wanted blue, but they didn't have much of a selection by the time I had mine done. But they did say they'd have more soon.

They are 2 for $10 right now, not sure how long that's going to last.

I've gotten some flack for it by some....idiots at work, but I'm leaving them in. I think they are fun.

Comment

I just googled them....they look really cool! I know I'd pull them out, I'm a clutz.
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

We use very short snap clips that you can put in and take out like barrettes. They have holes you can sew or thread whatever you're putting into your hair to. We don't wear the colored hair, we wear...I don't know what you call them, in our scene sometimes the tribals wear yarn or wool dreads. We take single strands of yarn or ribbon and thread it into the extension clip and trim so that it is about the length of our hair. What we end up with is a small bunch of different types of fiber in a ratty fall.

I pull the top layer of my own hair aside and attach the clip underneath so that it lays flat. This hides the clip. Then I shake the fall out so that it mixes into my hair (it helps that I have a tousled haircut).

These were actually designed to use with hair extensions. The ribbon thing was our idea.

Anyways, we get them from Sally beauty supply. And they also have an whole selection of hair to use with them, too.

I don't know about other types of extensions being painful, but my five year old usually sports a neon streak of some color or other that my hairdresser puts in and it's not traumatic. My hairdresser uses a special "mico" type bead to attach it, and it's so tiny you can actually comb through it. It might catch, but not enough to hurt. I can ask her what kind of extension that is.

Comment

My niece just had some put in.

They look pretty.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

My hairdresser had those for a little while now. He's trying to convince me to have some put in because it would make me look more like a "real artist"

I giggle because he's also a sculpter and we share SC stories while he does my hair.
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I just googled them; I think they're really pretty. I don't think I could pull them off though.

Comment

Nonsense. I have a huge goofy round head and they look awesome on me.

Comment

pictures ?

Comment

I wouldn't be allowed to wear them at work
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Sorry, no cam or recent pics others have taken.

You'll just have to take my word, they are awesome.

And I have a job where I can have whatever color hair I please

Comment

Working...
                            X