This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going away presents

One of the girls from our church will be off on her way to university next week and we want to get something small to send her on her way. She's studying nursing so she'll pretty much be thrown straight in. She's also housesharing,but her fellow students might not actually be there because they've been told not to return yet so it might be an empty flat she's going to. Any ideas for small presents would be gratefully received.
    Also everything non-essential is closed here so that makes it more difficult to just go out and get something nice ...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

With that last statement in mind -- Perhaps gift certificates/cards would be useful? Find out what stores in the area where she's going offer things like PPE and scrubs (she'll be needing a lot of both!) and get her a card for there. The same for grocery stores or other sources of food. Also, online food delivery sources such as Amazon, etc.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Chocolate - you can never go wrong with chocolate.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Visa & AmEx gift cards (or UK equivalent) that can be used almost anywhere.
        A six month supply of hand sanitizer/masks/gloves/you get the picture. They'll get used.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
        X