This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Christmas

So, in keeping with the whole "2020 can bite me" theme, I was fucking fired today.

I just started this job last month. I thought I was doing well. Good atmosphere, friendly coworkers and management.

Today, I learned that the company's client - the one who calls the shots - decided I just wasn't doing well enough for them. I'm sure that the manager has had to fire a lot of other people, too.

Three fucking days before fucking Christmas. This ranks right up with the first Christmas after my mother died.

Well . . . fuck. I'm sorry that happened x.x
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh god. Is there anything we can do?
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Nothing I can think of, Kristev, but thanks. Holiday season and pandemic notwithstanding (and those are both HUGE considerations), it's so goddamned demoralizing to have an organization decide they can do very well without my services, when I've been doing my best to learn and use what I've learned.

Comment

That sucks big time. *gives hugs* I wish there was something I could do for you.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

It's their loss, Eireann, not yours.

Comment

^^ This. This is the first thing my mom said when I found out I'd been terminated by ExJob. Some people just can't recognize talent (or don't know what to do with it when they find it). I've learned that "not doing well enough for us" is often code for "not doing what/how we think should be done."

*hugs* I wish I could do something or had more constructive advice...I was able to land on my feet, and you will too.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I haven't had steady work in more than four years. I've been freelancing, and making enough to just barely get by, on a good month. I still owe credit card debt. I thought that this job would dig me out of the financial hole and increase my bank account. I thought I might have opportunities to work up the ladder and have a better job at the company, with more money and better benefits.

No.

I was fired from the company where I worked until four years ago. I've just been fired from this one. I'm positive that others were fired this week, too. (And I've heard some tales about the management that have led me to believe that the management is not to be trusted.) The company blames the client - stating that the client made the decision to terminate employment, because I wasn't accurate enough. Yet the managers have all admitted that one of the client's people, the one who judges the employees, is wildly inconsistent; this person says that A is wrong one week, then says it's right the next week. So you just can't win.

I'm just so tired of being the wrong one, in all areas of my life.

Comment

Working...
                X