X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW VIRUS RECORD!!

Just home & I had to share this one...

19,637 virii found ....LMFAO!!

Apparently the customers comp. was "running really slow & acting funny".

Anyone get a scan with more ?
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

19,000 viruses!?!?! How could the computer even operate?

I'd think the computer would just blow itself up and burst into flames with that many viruses in it.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I had a co-working that found 20K items in Ewido.

Comment

19,000?!
        That is not a small number.
        That is a BIG number.

It is a wonder that compy worked at all. I'd guess there weren't any particularly malicious ones running or their computer would really be dead. Wow. People astound me.

I just had another one today who was buying a new computer because the old one got really messed up by virus and spyware infections. Yet, they refused my offer to set up their security for them and said, quote, "Gateway makes a good computer. I won't need to bother with anti-virus crap. It just slows stuff down anyway." Ugh.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Yet, they refused my offer to set up their security for them and said, quote, "Gateway makes a good computer. I won't need to bother with anti-virus crap. It just slows stuff down anyway."
          And then they'll get mad at YOU for not putting it on there.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
            19,000?!
            That is not a small number.
            That is a BIG number.
            Virus = Very Yes

"Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
              "Gateway makes a good computer. I won't need to bother with anti-virus crap. It just slows stuff down anyway."
              Of the three statements made here, I'm not sure which to laugh at the most.
              "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
              "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
              My MySpace
              My LiveJournal

Comment

"Gateway makes a good computer. I won't need to bother with anti-virus crap. It just slows stuff down anyway."
                OMG. That person deserves to have their computer commit sideways, hopefully while they are in the middle of doing something important on it.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Checks Virus count...
                  Wait for it...
                  NOW!
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I think if I ran a scan that showed 19,000 viruses on my computer, I'd just drop a match on it and walk away.
                    Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Quoth BlakeMP View Post
                      I think if I ran a scan that showed 19,000 viruses on my computer, I'd just drop a match on it and walk away.
                      Or tell him to back up his data and call back so we can format it....

Comment

Quoth BlakeMP View Post
                        I would have gone, "Oh f*ck this." and given in back to them. Done that on more than one persons computer where they DID NOT want to reformat, but have it "cleaned up" instead. Since they were not paying me I could get away with that.
                        "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

I don't know whether that makes me sad.... or really really impressed. Getting that many viruses takes effort.

Comment

Well, bear in mind that some of those will be trojans used to download multiple virii, so some will be self-perpetuating to a certain extent - or breeding. It's still a shedload of virii, though...

Rapscallion

Comment

Raps nailed it

He came by today to pick up his system...I had the "honor" of billing him for the format & reload

....& a nice shiny install of norton 07...meh
                              "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Working...
                              X