This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want me to do what?

Had a customer who called in this morning and wanted her phone replaced because the battery doesn't hold a charge. She had refused to do any troubleshooting because she didn't have another line to call from and she was mad that someone suggest she use a friend's phone or a store phone to call in. How dare we inconvenience her like that? So I managed to get approval for us to replace the phone without any tech support, letting her know that if it was a battery or charger issue, she'd still have to "inconvenience" herself by going to a store to buy another one, but she said she'd deal with that later. So after I thought she was done yelling at me, she then proceeded to say that her battery was about to die and wanted to know what I could do for her.

I let her know the only way to charge her battery was she'd need to plug it into her charger. She said she didn't have it with her and wanted me to charge it for her. Not many customers leave me speechless, but I was completely astounded at this. How the heck did she think I was going to make that happen? Not that I didn't think of a solution.

"Ma'am, did you know the human body is an excellent conductor of electricity? Grip your device tightly in one hand, then lick your finger and stick it in the nearest power outlet."
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

"Ma'am, did you know the human body is an excellent conductor of electricity? Grip your device tightly in one hand, then lick your finger and stick it in the nearest power outlet."
    You would be my hero if you actually said that to her.
    --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

Quoth CSR Kim View Post
      You would be my hero if you actually said that to her.
      As well the Hero of every CSR who has ever worked in the cellular industry.

Comment

Am I reading correctly here? She wanted you to somehow charge her phone...over the phone..?
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Am I reading correctly here? She wanted you to somehow charge her phone...over the phone..?
          I read it that way too.

As a result, my brain has gone Abort, Retry, Fail?

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yeah, you guys read it correct. She wanted me to charge her phone from about 300 miles away while she was on the line with me. It reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw once - "The only reason some people are still alive is because it's illegal to kill them."

Comment

Any bets that her battery not holding a charge is due to the fact she has no concept for what a 'charge' is?

After all, she calls up every month and 'charges' her phone with more minutes, right? So since it's not working for all of those minutes, something is obviously wrong!

Y'know, not understanding technology isn't a crime, but if these people would just ADMIT that they didn't understand, and then LISTEN when it's explained to them...
              Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                Any bets that her battery not holding a charge is due to the fact she has no concept for what a 'charge' is?

After all, she calls up every month and 'charges' her phone with more minutes, right? So since it's not working for all of those minutes, something is obviously wrong!

Y'know, not understanding technology isn't a crime, but if these people would just ADMIT that they didn't understand, and then LISTEN when it's explained to them...
                That would make sense, except that she didn't have a prepaid account, so that wouldn't apply. Not that it would surprise me. Your example made me think of Family Guy.

Peter: When the hell did they change the meaning of "from" to "for?"
                Brian: They had a meeting.
                Peter: And why wasn't I notified?
                Brian: They sent you an invitation. But it was "for" you, so you must of thought it was "from" you, so you... Y'know, it's just easier to call you retarded.

Comment

Working...
                X