Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a guest does not want housekeeping service and if the housekeeper has them standing in front of them, then our policy is to have the guest initial by their room number on the housekeeper's paper. The housekeeper then writes "Requested No Service." Of course that only works if you have direct contact with the guest. If the guest comes to the desk and requests no service, we have them initial this on their registration cards. If they call over the phone, we request they come to the desk to initial their reg. card.

If a stayover guest just has a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, housekeeping has to go by the room three more times to make sure the guest didn't leave and take the sign down. Housekeeping usually leaves between 3:00 and 4:00, so if the DND sign is still on the door, then we place a letter under the door saying that we did not clean the room because of the sign.

I know it seems like we acting like we don't trust our guests, but after getting burned so many times (and not just by the guests), management felt like it was necessary.

Comment

Yeah, we're getting to the point where we will need to have them initial their reservations or the housekeeping sheets. It's just happening too much. For our housekeeping, we say that the service ends at 2, though sometimes it doesn't.

For the DND's, we tell housekeeping that they need to enter every three days even if there is a DND sign on the door to remove garbage and check on the well being of the guests. It's really too bad if the guests don't like that and they will just have to deal with it.

Comment

Now I feel bad about cleaning my face with the washcloths... I'm surprised that the makeup doesn't come out. I never seem to have a problem at home . I will keep this in mind next time I travel.
        Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post

And they were exorbitant prices, like $15 for a pillow and $45 for a hair dryer.
          That may not be as exorbitant as you think... $15 for a pillow sounds like a lot, but they are most likely hypoallergenic which Amazon has listed at $14.99 at the low end, even standard pillows with pillow case on Amazon comes in at around $10 to $12.50. And when you consider that it is quite possible that they have to buy from a corporately mandated supplier they can't exactly shop around for best price. Same thing with the hair dryers, looking on Amazon I'm seeing a price range between $25 and $50 for ones that would be durable enough for hotel use.

As for the OP, I'm always amazed at places that do have 24 hour housekeeping... even when I was at a place with 320 rooms there wasn't true 24 hour service (we had a graveyard crew that cleaned the public areas away from the rooms that could do basic requests, and I do mean basic, they could bring extra towels/pillows/blankets and toiletries, they could empty trash, and they could do emergency cleaning, such as a guest getting sick and not making it to a trash can/toilet/sink/whatever in time to vomit as an example).
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
            Now I feel bad about cleaning my face with the washcloths... I'm surprised that the makeup doesn't come out. I never seem to have a problem at home . I will keep this in mind next time I travel.
            Thank you, that is much appreciated. It's more the mascara than anything else. The eye shadow comes out easily. So does blush. For some reason, mascara clings to the fabric even using professional solvents (we use something called reclaim that seems to get out everything but blood, mascara and ink).

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
              Thank you, that is much appreciated. It's more the mascara than anything else. The eye shadow comes out easily. So does blush. For some reason, mascara clings to the fabric even using professional solvents (we use something called reclaim that seems to get out everything but blood, mascara and ink).
              A cheap way to get blood out of white fabric (if it's still wet or hasn't "set" yet) is to soak it in water with some hydrogen peroxide mixed in.
              "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
              Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Working...
              X