Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And we hope and pray that it's not a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

why do i get the feeling they are doing the phased rollout in case they have another bad system? ( it would probably be the intelligent thing to do, anyway)

Comment

Latest rumor....the NEW new system will replace the old new system by Monday. Keeping my gigabytes crossed....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Update....Swing and a Miss!

Yesterday, as promised, the new system was finally up and running, using the same hardware as the old system (basically just switched from one software to another).

And...there were problems. Oh, were there problems. Enough problems where the Boss Man pulled the plug a few hours in and had us finish yesterday, and today, with the old system, until he gets a chance to really troubleshoot the new system.

Something our resident Dipshit Manager had, allegedly, already done. Something that Boss Man kind of vented about, since several of the problems we had had were not simply minor glitches, but major fuckups that a casual troubleshoot would have shown up.

Yeah, Boss Man was clearly not happy with Dipshit Manager. Since I am one of the masses who would gladly ready torches and pitchforks for Dipshit Manager, I can't say I was completely displeased.

Though I DO want the new system. Hell, I even volunteered to stay after closing one night, and spend several hours running things on the new system to troubleshoot it as only an experienced bartender and server COULD. Which was when Boss Man unleashed his diatribe about how that should have already been done by you-know-who.

Should be interesting to see what unfolds. Wouldn't surprise me if Boss Man takes me up on my offer to troubleshoot over the guy that, in Boss Man's own words, was being paid to do just that. And maybe I'll get really lucky, and the two things I can't stand about my job, the Old New Computer System, and one idiot manager, will both soon be out of my hair.

What? I can hope, can't I?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Good luck Jester! I'm rootin' for ya :-D

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Should be interesting to see what unfolds. Wouldn't surprise me if Boss Man takes me up on my offer to troubleshoot over the guy that, in Boss Man's own words, was being paid to do just that. And maybe I'll get really lucky, and the two things I can't stand about my job, the Old New Computer System, and one idiot manager, will both soon be out of my hair.

What? I can hope, can't I?
              One can hope
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Sounds like Dipshit Manager just dug his own grave...

Comment

He's been digging for a while, though I have not posted any of the stories about it for various reasons....but we'll see.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    He's been digging for a while, though I have not posted any of the stories about it for various reasons....but we'll see.
                    You can't leave us hanging!!!

Comment

If he gets fired, then can you tell?
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

they should spend eternity troubleshooting macs and OS/2.
                        There are only two rules of tactics: never be without a plan, and never rely on it.

Comment

Quoth redleg View Post
                          they should spend eternity troubleshooting macs and OS/2.
                          Sluggy Freelance FTW!
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                            You can't leave us hanging!!!
                            Why yes...yes I can. And I may.

It may surprise you (or not) to know that I don't post every horrible story from my bar. For one thing, I love my bar, and (usually) the management that I work for there. So I don't post every little thing there that pisses me off. I often let things go that would be so fun to post. Not just because I love my job, but also because I have posted enough about my bar on this site for some people to have figured out just which bar it is....so I am NOT going to post stuff that could come back to smack me in the ass.

This is the very reason why I did not get into specifics or post links regarding the radio and tv show I and The Bar were featured on, among other things. I really just don't want things that I post to come back and leave egg on my face, or have the potential for causing my bar any public embarrassment.

Quoth Tama View Post
                            If he gets fired, then can you tell?
                            If and when that happens, I will consider it. Until then, I am, for the most part, going to do my personal best at imitating a clam.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                            X