Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At my pizza place for Thanksgiving Eve, Black Friday/Saturday was BORING AS HELL and that was VERY unusual

TG Eve is usually crazy busy BUT this year I had 10 - 15 runs LESS than normal and Friday and Saturday were not much better.

No clue as to what happened. I did notice all of the hotels in our area were almost empty.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
      I don't think that 1 single onion to be used in a very large meal is a necessity. We would still have plenty to eat and I doubt that anyone would have noticed its lack but me. I was standing fast on my principles when our friend called to say that he was running to the store for cigs and did I need anything.

So, I kinda cheated and dinner was saved
      Onions are ALWAYS a necessity. I love onions and can't imagine a holiday meal without them in some dish or other.

On turkey day, I had to run out and get chicken broth, because beef broth just wouldn't cut it. But then, the meal was for me, and only me. I had a lovely quiet holiday all by myself, just me and my new house and my sewing room. And cable tv, the great love of my life.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        People still use mice with balls?
        Can mice even dance??

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
          Can mice even dance??
          They can, but it's a pain putting the tap shoes on them.
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
            They can, but it's a pain putting the tap shoes on them.
            Note for next time: A 1/4-20 is too big for their feet.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I just have one small sad one.
              Thanksgiving night, a kid age 11or 12 comes wandering in at midnight asking if we have any extra Thanksgiving food around she could have. I look at my co-worker and then around at the clearly not food-related place that I work and say no. An officer rolls in and asks where her parents are, and she says her mom is in the car outside. They'd been out Black Friday shopping and the daughter got hungry and the mom didn't want to stop to buy her food, so she brought her to a police station to see if the officers would feed her leftovers! WTF?
              Mom ended up spending a half an hour in the office with a Sergeant and came out white as a ghost after that verbal reaming!

(I ended up slipping the daughter a granola bar from my stash because I have a compulsive need to feed people)

Comment

Quoth dalesys
                Note for next time: A 1/4-20 is too big for their feet. It really screws with them.
                Remember that an M1 does not necessarily refer to a Garand or an Abrams.

Quoth Foxbite View Post
                IThey'd been out Black Friday shopping and the daughter got hungry and the mom didn't want to stop to buy her food, so she brought her to a police station to see if the officers would feed her leftovers! WTF?
                Mom ended up spending a half an hour in the office with a Sergeant and came out white as a ghost after that verbal reaming!
                WTF? Doesn't want to take time out to feed her kid, so she goes to the place that can get her locked up for child neglect?
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  WTF? Doesn't want to take time out to feed her kid, so she goes to the place that can get her locked up for child neglect?
                  That's a special kind of stupid, there.

Comment

Quoth Foxbite View Post

(I ended up slipping the daughter a granola bar from my stash because I have a compulsive need to feed people)
                    That was awfully nice of you to help that kid. Props to you, and for the mom egg donor.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Mrs. IA does. She has an old three button Logitech mouse she likes. She doesn't like the ones with a wheel, and we haven't found a three button optical mouse. Although we haven't looked lately.
                      Try this:
                      https://www.amazon.com/START-Optical...mouse+3+button
                      Last edited by lineswine; 12-01-2016, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Quoth Foxbite View Post
                        I should damn well hope so! People like that are among the top 10 arguments for mandatory licensing to reproduce. I hope that little chat included a query about how she'd like to spend a lot more than half an hour explaining herself to whatever child protection agency is in your neck of the woods ... after they remove the child from the home to ensure she's being properly fed.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        I'm guessing Mom is thicker than the proverbial block of wood and that thought never even occurred to her. Hell, she probably thought she'd get a compliment or two for her ingenuity!
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Oh man, Foxbite, your story really hurts my heart. I'm glad that the birth mother is now being looked at.

Good on you for giving that poor child your food.

I hope her life gets better and fast.

Comment

Wow! 79 cents plus $2.50 shipping.

It still has that hated scroll wheel.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Oddly, my Thanksgiving shift passed quickly and without incident. We were busy, but there were no idiots and I went home on time. Now, Black Friday was another story. I punched in at 7:30 a.m. and by the time I left at 5pm, I was ready to murder. Three days off in a row defused that. Don't ask me how I scored a three day weekend, because I have no clue. I'm not questioning it.
                              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Foxbite View Post
                                I just have one small sad one.
                                Thanksgiving night, a kid age 11or 12 comes wandering in at midnight asking if we have any extra Thanksgiving food around she could have. I look at my co-worker and then around at the clearly not food-related place that I work and say no. An officer rolls in and asks where her parents are, and she says her mom is in the car outside. They'd been out Black Friday shopping and the daughter got hungry and the mom didn't want to stop to buy her food, so she brought her to a police station to see if the officers would feed her leftovers! WTF?

You are an awesome person. Mom, however, got everything that was coming to her.

BTW: I'm a former Chicago resident myself. I did many a Black Friday at the late lamented FAO Schwarz and the Build-A-Bear at Navy Pier.
                                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                                X