This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    So no one here has ever ruined Christmas in April like me?
    When I saw the thread, I said "Wait. November? Didn't we have someone ruin Xmas in March?"

Slicey! Still the champ!
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yeah, I do remember something about a spring Christmas-ruining.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

csquared -- That's what I was thinking earlier. I gave up after a few minutes of Searching. If you feel up to it, the Search no longer has the "first 100 hits only" limit on there, so...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It might not be a CS record, but XCashier still gets lots of cookies and booze for being the first THIS year!

edited because that part was too much of a downer. And to add that I once watched a meltdown when a woman brought a ring in to a jewelry store to be resized the day before the wedding. That poor jeweler ruined their entire marriage.
          Last edited by Slave to the Phone; 11-04-2016, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Quoth Cecily View Post
            Can we have the story?
            Honestly it's old and boring now. I was working at a inbound call-center for infomercials and on like my third week I received a call from a woman who wanted to sign up her friend to the makeup product we did calls for as a gift. Problem was she didn't want the shipments to start until December (again this was like April) and she wanted to ship to I believe Italy.

Problem one: we can't ship international, it took finangeling to just get to ship to army bases.

Problem two: even though the deal for this infomercial hadn't changed in two years the company could decide tomorrow to change it thus orders with future dates were impossible.

Problem three: call was around 4 am my time 3 am her time and I was sure she was drunk.

So I explain the problems except 3, 3 was for me, and the woman explodes.
            I give her all options from waiting until closer to December to order to going online or A retail location to purchase she ain't having any of it. Since i was new and she wasn't that bad I let her yell at me a bit (unlike the guy who tried to use the line as a phone sex line) and when she realized I wasn't going to cave she screamed "you ruined my Christmas bitch" and hung up. I shock my head ready out and went to queue with a second thought.

Comment

I've ruined a Thanksgiving already, does that count?
              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I remember back in the mists of time someone posted a story about an SC screaming "Ruined Xmas" (11+ months away at that) in early January/late December during the after Xmas/New Year clearance sale rush.

Now if someone can find that post I believe that would be the ultimate record holder.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

COMPLETELY DESTROYING Christmas for my entire family
                  Jeez, dramatic much? If you have a warm place to sleep and enough food to eat and you're not in the ICU your Christmas will be fine, bitch!!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    I remember back in the mists of time someone posted a story about an SC screaming "Ruined Xmas" (11+ months away at that) in early January/late December during the after Xmas/New Year clearance sale rush.

Now if someone can find that post I believe that would be the ultimate record holder.
                    Actually, that's the one I was thinking of.

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                    I've ruined a Thanksgiving already, does that count?
                    Story, please.
                    Last edited by EricKei; 11-04-2016, 01:42 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Well, a few stores have a little bit of Christmas stuff out (depressingly, only two days after I expected it), and I've not heard any Christmas music on the radio or mixed into store muzak, but we already have a ruined Christmas. Part of me wants wants to ring in Christmas with joy and part of me is rather loudly screaming "NO NOT YET!". I was sarcastically expecting full Christmas everywhere the day after Halloween, but now that I'm starting to see more trappings of it it just feels empty somehow, like it's just can't start yet.
                      Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                        It might not be a CS record, but XCashier still gets lots of cookies and booze for being the first THIS year!
                        Nope, that wasn't me, that was JustShootMe that ruined Christmas first this year. Sadly, I have yet to have anyone accusing me of ruining Christmas.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

RM - That's probably what I was thinking of. I could have sworn I saw one early this year.

AK - I'll allow it ^_^
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            Story, please.

The bakery has been out of pumpkin pies for the last two months because corporate has been putting them on and off a recall list, so we either are allowed to sell them or we have to hurry and get rid of every pumpkin pie before they get sold. Naturally a lot of customers are upset that we don't know when we're getting them back in, if we are, but generally they aren't upset enough to throw a hissy fit over. Save for one guy.

Customer came in a few days before Halloween and asked for pumpkin pies, I told him that we're out until further notice. He didn't like the explanation that they were on recall, threw a fit over it, and told me that I'd ruined his Thanksgiving and that he hoped that I was happy.
                            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Answer

The bakery has been out of pumpkin pies for the last two months because corporate has been putting them on and off a recall list, so we either are allowed to sell them or we have to hurry and get rid of every pumpkin pie before they get sold. Naturally a lot of customers are upset that we don't know when we're getting them back in, if we are, but generally they aren't upset enough to throw a hissy fit over. Save for one guy.

Customer came in a few days before Halloween and asked for pumpkin pies, I told him that we're out until further notice. He didn't like the explanation that they were on recall, threw a fit over it, and told me that I'd ruined his Thanksgiving and that he hoped that I was happy.
                              Of-course you are happy, you are happy because he is alive in-front of you instead of dead from something you sold him.

Comment

Customer came in a few days before Halloween and asked for pumpkin pies - [he] told me that I'd ruined his Thanksgiving and that he hoped that I was happy.
                                Ummm, one would think between Halloween and Thanksgiving you would get more pies in.

Guy sounds like a pompous self-centered jackass...

Comment

Working...
                                X