This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    When I opened the cupboard to get the flour, I found a mouse had eaten a hole in the bottom of the bag.
    What would you have done if it had been a trackball or touchpad which had eaten a hole in the bottom of the bag?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

wolfie,
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I confess, I did hit one Black Friday sale today. Stocked up on leather and tools and hardware. The store opened at their regular opening time and was closed entirely Thursday, though, so I don't feel too guilty about it. Smallish store, so the dozen or 15 people all in at once made it kind of slow getting to whatever item you were after, but everyone was being polite and even friendly.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          What would you have done if it had been a trackball or touchpad which had eaten a hole in the bottom of the bag?
          I would have used flour from the top of the bag. You see, the mouse ball is on the bottom where it gets dirty, but a track ball and touch pad have the active surface on the top, so they don't get dirty.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I would have used flour from the top of the bag. You see, the mouse ball is on the bottom where it gets dirty, but a track ball and touch pad have the active surface on the top, so they don't get dirty.
            People still use mice with balls?
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I was for a while. I was hoping it would reduce the irritation to my ulnar and carpal nerves, but no dice. Went back to the regular one.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I did hit one black Friday sell. It was at a low end story at a small branch with little to no traffic that was running a sale with the same prices for 3 days. We mostly bought socks and charger cables.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Until the mice get neutered.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    Mrs. IA does. She has an old three button Logitech mouse she likes. She doesn't like the ones with a wheel, and we haven't found a three button optical mouse. Although we haven't looked lately.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'm used to having either a small desk, or a messy one -- usually both So a MarbleMouse (thumb-ball type) is perfect for me.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        I was for a while. I was hoping it would reduce the irritation to my ulnar and carpal nerves, but no dice. Went back to the regular one.
                        Have you tried a vertical mouse? My Mum suffers from wrist issues and she says it helps.
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

I'm in Canada so Thursday wasn't thanksgiving for us, but Black Friday sales are starting to get bigger here too.

What did happen was our manager was fired on Thursday so Friday was interesting. Now she needed to be fired but it left us short on leads and in a bit of confusion.
                          But we survived an made out day.

Comment

I explained what happened to the cashier, to which she asked why I hadn't brought it back in to exchange it. I responded, "Why? It wasn't your mouse."
                            That was kind of you to be sensible about it.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Main Job means I wasn't working Black Friday, thank whatever gods there be. I did work Black Saturday but I didn't find it particularly horrific. It's going to get FAR worse (in terms of pandemonium and customer crush) as Christmas gets closer, if memory serves. All the people I dealt with were fine, and I didn't hear any horror stories from my coworkers either.

Damn these sensible and polite customers! How dare they leave me with nothing to report!
                              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I had the joy of Black Friday, a 1700 to 0200 shift after my usual 2200 to 0700 on a week where sleep was the exception, not the rule. I added to my arsenal of things I can and will do this year, pushing carts from one side of the store to the other, and cashiering. Thankfully my cashiering was off peak as I haven't rung register since 03, and these new fangled touch screen registers are confusing.

One notable funny is that Coke forgot to place an order. Wed night/Thurs morning I pulled the pallets down for Pepsi and Coke, 9 for Pepsi, 2 for Coke.
                                Seph
                                Taur10
                                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X