Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm there only two days of the week right now, where are you people coming from?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm there only two days of the week right now, where are you people coming from?

So unsurprisingly, the holiday season has brought out the shoppers who should probably not be in a game store, the shoppers who are idiots, and the inevitable shortages of things. Due to my other job, I'm the one with the low hours out of our 4 keyholders, so I feel a bit sorry for my co-workers if they're getting even more of these.

First, a few shorts, also, how I wish I could answer the phone.

Thank you for calling GameStore and Grasshopper, we do NOT have
    -the micro NES
    - Galaxy 3ds systems
    and finally, the most frustrating ones of all, 2ds systems. These things have sat there, FOREVER. Now that it's the cheapest way to play pokemon though, they can't be found anywhere. Our online store is out of them for crying out loud. The nearest one is a near four hour round trip. If you're calling about any of these, if we had them, you're already too late. The few times we've restocked, all have been sold 15 minutes of getting them out of the box.

Our black friday sales ended with cyber monday. No, you cannot get the black friday deals on tuesday, just because you don't want to deal with the crowds.

Stop complaining about chip readers, follow the instructions on the screen, take a deep breath. It will be O.K. If you have questions, or are unsure, ask, instead of hitting random buttons. Especially you, dude who cancelled his own damn card 8 times. THE GREEN CIRCLE BUTTON. ON THE RIGHT OF THE PIN PAD.

Now on to the more specific stories.

You LEFT the STORE

Me:
    PL: Pushy lady
    CL: Confused lady
    RC: random customer

So a bit of pretext first. We are running a buy 2, get 3 free sale on preowned interactive figures (Skylanders, infinity, amiibo). It's a great deal. It will probably keep going until we run out. Unfortunately, that means returns on these are annoying.

PL comes in right at the open of the store with a copy of skylanders swap force (which she kept referring to as trap team for some unknown reason) and a single skylander. She explains that she wants to return these items because her grandchild does not have trap team's portal, and thus cannot use them. I look at her receipt and see that she got the deal, and explain if she just returns the one, she will have to pay for the other two she got for free, which would be more than the return for both the game and the skylander, but if she'd like to pick out another skylander of around the same value, she can. She complains that she doesn't know what game her grandchild does have, and I tell her I can take back just the game if she'd like. She grumbles, and says she's going to ask the mom, collects her items, and leaves the store. She leaves long enough that I've done two transactions and am about to start a third for CL when she comes back in, barges up to the counter and says he has Skylander's Giants.

Me: "Ok, then if you'd like to go pick out the other skylander, they'll have green or orange bases."
    PL: *catbutt face* "Ok. I'll go pick one out."
    Wanders through the line of about six people, and I go to retrieve CL's item, a mario themed uno deck. I begin to ring this up when suddenly.
    PL: Shoves her way in between CL and the counter, dropping two skylanders on top of the uno deck. "WHICH ONE OF THESE IS ORANGE." I point to the one with the orange base and stands there.
    Me: "Let me finish ringing up her, and then if you need more help, I can assist you."
    PL: "But I was here first! I was the second person in the store when you opened!"
    Me: "But she is first in line."
    PL: Takes out other items, drops them on top of uno deck. CL staring down indignantly at PL this entire time.
    I take the skylanders and move them to the side. "I'll be with you shortly." I finish ringing up CL, and turn to PL.
    PL: "Oh, no! Perhaps you'd like to go next?!" nearly hissed at RC, who is technically next in line. RC shakes their head and tells her to go next.
    I finish up the return, and give her the giants skylander and her return... of $1.06

But I ordered it!

Me: Still me
    OML: Online madness lady

So we have a service that lets you click a button on our website and it will be held in the store for pickup for 48 hours, at no extra charge. Unsurprisingly, this has been very popular over the holiday season. The button does nothing if we do not have stock, and if there's an inventory discrepancy, we usually call or you get an e-mail saying the item is not available. Theoretically, the customer is supposed to :
    A: Wait for the e-mail to confirm their item is held
    B: Present said e-mail to prove they ordered the item
    Anyone on this site already knows how frequently this happens.

We are packing items for shipment when a OML comes in, heads straight to the desk.
    OML: "I'm here to pick up my 2ds."
    Me: *thinking* wtf, we haven't had those in several days. Out loud. "I don't think we have any, but I'll double check."
    OML: "I clicked on the button and it said to type in my zip code. I ordered it!"
    Me: "I'm sorry, I'm not seeing any in our hold drawer or in the system, may I see your confirmation e-mail?" *If the system did bork up (and it has in the past,) I will do my absolute best to get her one*
    OML: "I never got a confirmation e-mail! I clicked the button though!"
    Me: "The system sends you that e-mail to confirm it, if it didn't, it means that nothing was held, we wouldn't have even seen a request"
    OML: "BUT I ORDERED IT! I CLICKED ON THE BUTTON!"
    Me: "I can see about getting one mailed to your house if you'd like."
    OML: "But I already ordered an online one! It won't get here until tuesday! I need it tomorrow!! I clicked the button!!!"
    Me: "I can see if anyone has it nearby if you'd-"
    OML: "NO. I ORDERED IT! IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE!" and I wish I was joking about this, flounces out of the store. There is no other way to describe how she left.

How was this not a prank call???

One from the phone, which is becoming increasingly hard to not smash.

Ph: Guy on phone

Me: "Thank you for calling GameStore and Grasshopper, where you can trade and save, this is Opalin, how may I help you?"
    Ph: "Hi, I got CoDIW and I was wondering, how do I play the game?"
    Me: "Insert the disk into your game console."
    Ph: "Ok? And then?"
    Me: "Wait for it to install and update patches, then you're good."
    Ph: "Really? That's all I have to do?"
    Me: "...yes."
    Ph: "Hey, it's working!"
    Me: "....glad... I could help...." *stares at phone in disbelief*
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

My sympathies. What a bunch of dolts.

The only one I can sympathize with is the chip card one. EVERY. SINGLE. STORE has a different system for these! Most of them take forever and the steps are not the same from store to store. Interesting, though: The Family Dollar store near me had the fastest, easiest to use chip reader I've come across.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If I'd been a witness to PL, and she turned to me with that snarky "Perhaps you'd like to go next?" I'd have been only too happy to say, "WOW! Thanks, lady!" and then shove right past her and pile three dozen items on the counter.

Silly bitch.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        If I'd been a witness to PL, and she turned to me with that snarky "Perhaps you'd like to go next?" I'd have been only too happy to say, "WOW! Thanks, lady!" and then shove right past her and pile three dozen items on the counter.
        I was thinking something like "since I'm next in line I would like to go next." I don't know how likely I would be to actually say that, but I'd love to see how my dad would react. He'd have some words for PL, and none that I would repeat.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          I'd love to see how my dad would react. He'd have some words for PL, and none that I would repeat.
          I think your father and mine may be twins, separated at birth. When someone tries to act pushy with my dad, his reaction is just beautiful to watch
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Elucidate, Good Marmalady!

Comment

Storrr-RY! Storrr-RY! Storrr-RY!
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

yes, after the day I've had I'd like to know this one as well
                Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
                Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
                -Unknown Author

Comment

Oh I think I've mentioned one or two of his little encounters on here before...

On one occasion, Dad was in the '10 items or fewer' queue at the supermarket, and just as he had reached the cashier, a woman tried to push in front of him saying 'Excuse me, I'm in a hurry'. Whereupon Dad immediately snapped back with 'Really? well so am I, and so are all these other people behind me! Wait your turn!' There were actually a couple of cheers from the queue behind him.

Another time a young woman carrying a baby and holding another by the hand was heading for the only unoccupied seat by the supermarket tills (and she did look exhausted) when a man darted in front of her and plonked his backside on the seat instead, smirking at her. Dad went around behind the seat and promptly tipped him off it, then offered it with a smile to the woman.
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

My dad's stories involve swearing, mostly. Like the two women happily chatting and not paying attention to the cashier who was trying to tell them their total. "Do you plan to shut the f*ck up any time soon? Just pay the woman!" Cue total shock, and the whole area getting dead silent. I think the cashier was worried he'd be mean to her, but of course he was pleasant. She didn't make any small talk or try to get him to sign up for the store card, though.

Oh, not swearing. In a theater, at the newer War of the Worlds, a very young kid was asking questions to his mom "what's happening now?" "what's he doing?" and the mom was answering in a normal tone not whispering. This went on for a while, with other people shushing them, to no effect. My dad just turned completely around in his seat and silently stared at the mom until they got up and left. I was also younger, and didn't even realize that she could have been going to complain about my dad. But they never came back, and no attendant came in or anything.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                    X