This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A List of Demands

The things guests want from us, free of charge of course, never ceases to amaze me. Here's a compiled list from both hotels I've worked at, in what I assume is their internal monologue.

A ride from an area not served by our shuttle. Oh you only go to hospitals, let me start CRYING on the phone about how much public transit costs and how we have to get to my daughter's college interview. Oh, thanks, you're giving us a ride because you feel sorry for us and assume we're trying to get her into college on a tight travel budget. And oh, look, when you pick us up, I have shopping bags full of unnecessary trinkets.

A humidifier. And it It MUST be set up and running when they get there. Cool mist only, no hot ones. No I'm not going to pay for it.

Breakfast in lunch bags put together for us because we have to leave before the hotel starts serving breakfast. It's not my fault I booked a red-eye flight, I'm still entitled to free food and I will have the free food even if I make you do extra work.

A fan. Use room AC? Are you nuts?

An electric tea kettle. No I can't use the coffee maker to make hot water for tea. Don't ask me why, I'm a cubic zircon member and that means I can make you buy me stuff.

Rides outside of scheduled shuttle hours. What do you MEAN i have to PAY for my own transportation?!.

A banana. Right nao. No, not that one, I want a green one. Oh how about some juice too? (Kitchen is closed asshole).

Milk for my kid. No I'm not buying one of the bottles from the shop, go in the kitchen and get me a free cup of it. No I don't care that you'll get screamed at if you aren't at the desk for 10 seconds.

Fresh baked cookies. At 10:45pm. When you have to leave at 11pm to get your bus. No, packaged cookies, free, from the hotel's store aren't good enough, we want the fresh ones. Now abandon your post and go bake them, slave.
    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 12-04-2016, 07:37 AM.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

I hate to ask, how many of these unreasonable demands were met?

Comment

I can understand the fan if the AC doesn't have a fan only option. The AC will otherwise act as a dehumidifier when can cause adverse breathing conditions.
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

They do have a fan only option.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          I hate to ask, how many of these unreasonable demands were met?
          All of them. Well except for the cookies. Because fuck you. The kitchen was locked. Its not their business that i have a key I neglected to mention.
          Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 12-04-2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I have GOT to learn to think that way. As long as the room is what I'm paying for (clean and secure with a comfy bed and enough towels in the bathroom), if I need anything else I will politely ask the desk clerk if the hotel has one I can use and if not, where would be a good place for me to buy one myself.

Comment

Sounds like the last SC has absolutely NO idea how long it takes to make cookie dough, bake it, then let the cookies cool enough to be packed. 15 minutes?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Comment

They don't CARE. That's not a human being they're dealing with, after all. Doesn't need to go home and sleep. It's a service robot existing solely to do their bidding.
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

What I mean is, no cookies can be made in such a short space of time. Maybe no-bake cookies, but the SC wanted freshly baked. That can't be done in 15 minutes.

What an idiot.

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                    I can understand the fan if the AC doesn't have a fan only option. The AC will otherwise act as a dehumidifier when can cause adverse breathing conditions.
                    Another use for a fan is white noise for sleeping, but that doesn't mean I would expect a hotel to have them available.

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                      I have some breathing issues, which are sometimes made worse by having the A/C on all the time. It's either turn a fan on, or find myself gasping for air. Trust me, it sucks. Even so, I won't be an ass about it. If the hotel doesn't have a fan, it's a quick trip to the store.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

An electric tea kettle. No I can't use the coffee maker to make hot water for tea.
                        I am a tea drinker. Most room coffee makers have enough residual coffee flavor in them to make using the hot water for tea result in a terrible taste. And, the coffee maker doesn't heat to boiling, which is better for most tea. Never occurred to me to ask for a kettle, though.

Also, since most Americans are coffee drinkers, the token tea bag near the coffeemaker is usually of seriously unknown vintage. Combine that with the coffee residue and you get a beverage suitable only for supplying enough caffeine to make one semi-functional.

Comment

I remember a reservation that seriously wanted a chocolate on their pillow.

For some reason, to this day that request sets my teeth on edge. Maybe it's because it's just such a prissy twat sort of request. It rises to the level of entitled ninny caricature.
                          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                            A humidifier. And it It MUST be set up and running when they get there. Cool mist only, no hot ones. No I'm not going to pay for it.

Breakfast in lunch bags put together for us because we have to leave before the hotel starts serving breakfast. It's not my fault I booked a red-eye flight, I'm still entitled to free food and I will have the free food even if I make you do extra work.
                            If I ever have to stay in the desert again I'll bring a humidifier. When I was in Reno for about a week, I learned that I don't do well in dry conditions. My lips cracked and bled while I was asleep in the hotel room. I would use a tissue and find dried blood in my nose. Funny, it never even crossed my mind to expect a hotel to supply a humidifier. I would bring one with me or buy one like a regular person.

It's amazing how stupid people are, especially about food, which is pretty important. I've been on a few red-eyes, and never ever bothered the hotel for food. I think a couple places had stuff you could eat cold, like cereal, but if they didn't I just bought something at the airport. Yeah it's more expensive, but my flight plans aren't the hotel's problem. Plus, honestly even at the airport a coffee and bagel aren't going to put me into debt. I can't imagine having to deal with this sort of entitlement.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I've accommodated the odd milk or banana request as long as it's not an unreasonable amount of milk. I've also been disinclined to acquiesce with guest requests. All depends on politeness.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X